on 9 September 2015
Wish I had brought another brand as the non stick is rubbish have to oil them every time otherwise a nightmare.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These two pans feel robust and just heavy enough, and do their job efficiently. The non-stick surface seems better than my current, and now quite aged, pan, and appears to conduct heat well.

The smaller pan is a 10-inch, perfect for omelettes or pancakes; the larger one is 12-inch. The rim is high enough to make the latter useful for stir-fries (though probably only for 2 people), and it worked well with no more than a drizzle of oil.

The product blurb above mentions glass lids and this description seems to have been lazily cut-and-pasted from somewhere else as these are skillets/frying pans and lidless.

So these are good quality pans - they're not cheap but will hopefully last well.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having a need for a new set of frying pans which only lasted about 6 months I was keen to try out these Acclaim Frying Pans.

They come well packed with product care instructions which are clear.

The pans feel heavy and as such good value for the money. I liked the handles a lot, the grip is good and the pans feel right in my hand. The handles are also heat resistant which is good.

After washing then I deceided to fy an egg on both pans. Both cooked the egg well - they pans are non stick as they state as the eggs came off the surface really well.

Next was some bacon, again cooked well, seemed to cook quicker than with my old pans and the surface remained non-stick.

Overall so far I am very impressed. These are good fying pans.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These Circulon pans really are the business. You get an 8" and a 10" skillett which will fry a number of things. The 8" is perfect for frying eggs whilst the 10" cooks sausages and bacon, which is how I've been using them. My wife did use the 10" skillett for an omelette the other day as she felt the 8" was a tad too small. If you need to keep stuff warm you can bang them in the oven as the silicon grips will survive normal oven temperatures. They are extremely robust, almost impossible to damage in normal use and very easy to clean with just soapy water. Be aware though even the 8" pan weighs a fair bit. Worth the money for a set of pans that will last.
on 7 March 2014
Brought these in the Amazon lightning deals. They are good pans and the non-stick coating works well. However the smallest pan cannot sit on my hob without some food in it as the weight of the handle causes it to tip over when empty. The large pan can just about rest on the hob when empty but does wobble. Once food is in either they work great but if trying to heat oil or something that could cause damage when hot be careful.
These pans are hard anodised inside and out for a hard-wearing and long period of use. The inside base of the pans bears multiple shallow concentric rings which help prevent the food from sticking. The coating is such that they permit use of metal utensils when cooking, which would destroy many a lesser pan. The handles are reasonably long, include a siliconised insert for both comfort and heat protection and include a suspension ring at the end should you wish to hang them.

This set includes an 8-inch omelette pan and a 10-inch everyday frying pan, certainly the most useful pairing, although larger sizes are also available as are alternative sets with different size combinations.

I had made a cheese omelette in one of the pans and some of the filling had escaped coming into direct contact with the cooking surface. It looked an awful mess as it melted and hardened but, once the pan was cool, was easily removed with a damp sponge. A rinse and a thorough dry and all was as new. With a lesser pan, it would have been far less easy.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are a really good set of frying pans. They feel very solid with a nice heft and ergonomic handles. They cook really well, with a tough non-stick surface and very even heating. They cook evenly across the surface of the pan and the food doesn't stick at all, even with minimal or no oil. They are good for direct frying and for sauté dishes. My only gripe is that the handle for the smaller pan is too heavy for the pan to balance properly on some forms of gas hob, it could be dangerous to put this pan down empty on a hob as the balance is precarious on the standard cross/gap type gas hob but this is a minor deficiency which is easily remembered and corrected. Recommended.

4.5 stars (-0.5 stars for the balance of the smaller pan)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are two way above average frying pans and they are certainly the best I have ever used.
Well made with insulted handles, the 10 inch is perfect for omelettes and possibly pancakes,
with the 12 inch ideal for stir frys.

They heat up on the hob much quicker than cheaper versions, and the heat is evenly distributed
with superb non stick surfaces. I have just despatched to the wheelie bin my old supermarket
brand poor relation as after using these there is no way I can revert back to my old one.

Good quality, and durable frying pans well worth the extra - in this case you really do get what
you pay for.
on 23 December 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are mostly the best pans I have owned- sturdy, very non stick, easy to clean, and they cook food very well. We have made our best omelettes ever in these. Maybe the solidity of the pans makes them conduct heat better, and I am much more confident that food will cook well without a lot of oil.

However there is one big flaw, for me at least. We have an old-ish gas cooker, and the metal frame that supports the pan above the heat is in the form of an open-centred cross. These pans have an odd off-balance weight, due to the heavy handles, and to stop the pans from overbalancing off the gas ring you have to put the pan a bit to one side, so in fact the heat is always more towards the handle than in the middle of the pan. This is worse with the smaller pan than the bigger one. I don't suppose this would be as much of a problem with a different kind of stove, and it has not affected the cooking process- but it does mean that if you are holding the handle and stirring something in the small pan you have to be very careful that hot food doesn't tip all over you once you let go of the handle. I have never had this problem with any other type of pan. I have had to take 2 stars off for that because if you are not constantly vigilant, this design flaw could lead to very nasty consequences.

Update, 14/10/14: After 10 months of using these pans they are still great. I hardly ever use the small pan because I don't often cook small amounts of things anyway, and the lack of balance is a bit offputting. But I have been using the larger pan constantly and it is cooking brilliantly. The coating hasn't suffered at all, despite sometimes being lax in letting food cook onto it- the non stick is excellent and it still cleans really easily. I still have to catch the pan sometimes when it unbalances. I hope they sort that out because otherwise these pans are absolutely perfect and hard wearing.
VINE VOICEon 19 December 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a good, medium price set of two pans that look as though, with care they will last a long time. I have used both for frying eggs, bacon, burgers etc, and the non-stick works very well. The sizes are useful too, just right for us two, or a small family. The handles have a concealed ring, so that you could hang them up if you wanted to. Although the handles are made of easy to grip silicone material, you can put them in the oven up to temperatures of 200 degrees centigrade, which is very useful.
I found the instruction/care leaflet to be a bit confusing, as it seems to have been produced to cover several different types of pan. It's also American, and I'm not sure what a broiler is, but I think it might be a grill. If it is, the pans cannot be put under the grill to finish off an omelette, for instance. From what I have read, I don't think that these pans are dishwasher safe, but it would be good if they could just print this on the packaging somewhere so it is less ambiguous. I'm hoping they are not the type that will melt themselves onto the ceramic hob too, which something I never thought could happen. I'm probably just a bit over-cautious with these pans, but only because the leaflet is a bit over the top on the safety stuff.

See one answered question