on 26 February 2014
strange story really a glorified collection of blogs . I've been there and was surprised by how little conditions had changed . The account did not add a lot to my knowledge of the mountain or region and it did not make me want to go back. Not sure if i will read any more but at this price it can be useful to refresh my memory.
on 26 October 2013
I have all Mark Horrells mountaineering books on my Kindle and was eagerly awaiting this one. I love his writing style, I feel like I'm actually there, and although I've never have or never will climb a mountain I let Mark do it and then tell me about it and I am never disappointed. But this time sadly I am.....I just found it plain boring and have been unable to finish it despite trying twice.
on 23 November 2013
Thanks again Mark, another good read. Its one mountain i would have loved to climb but age has caught up with me and now walking is my passion.
on 16 August 2013
I have read all of Mark's travel diaries now and I have enjoyed all of them. This one was just as good as the rest. I'm off to Elbrus shortly and it was a nice light hearted look at some of the things I may encounter on my trip.
on 7 October 2013
Couldnt get beyond 3 pages in..despite being an area I know and like. A writing style issue, I just couldnt force myself to continue reading. Pity.
on 9 March 2014
Have not even started to read it yet.
Cannot review until read and only then if i have something kind to say
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 7 October 2013
nice wee read about mount Elbrus describing the journey and ascent and the surrounding area of the Elbrus region .