on 15 February 2014
I have to admit that product does what it says on the tin.

Its a case for your NEXUS 7 II (2013) Device, BUT it is poor cheap quality. This is not a deal where you are getting the quality of a £29 case or £24 case regardless of how closely you think it imitates those cases; the pictures are nice BUT it really is CHEEEEAAAAPly made.

Good points: (1) It grips your Tablet like it has jaws of steel. (2) It closes with a magnetic snap and the (3) materials appear durable.

Bad points: (1) It grips you table like it has Jaws of steel; I popped my tablet to see how it fits and my word it gripped the rear case so tight I could not get the table out try as I might. I ended up RIPPING the back of the NEXUS 7 tablet case; YES! Ripped the plastic NEXUS case back because no matter how I tried I could not get this "protective" product to release it and I wanted my damn NEXUS 7 back. The case ripped near the mini USB connector. All of this won't matter if you don't ever want to take this cheap case off. (2) It closes with a magnetic snap. It does except the clasp, which I didn't notice till I looked at the pictures again after receiving the product, is a horrible cheap low rent looking affair and looks like it may scratch the screen if you are not careful; probably why is comes with a free screen protector. (3) Material appear durable. This is absolutely true. Except for the issues I have highlighted, the material looks like it can take a knock or two and if you NEVER want to take the case off, then you should be protected; oh , except that it looks cheap, cheap cheeeeeaaaaap.

I am trying to be a fair as possible and am not one to sling reviews around but CAVEAT EMPTOR. If you want a cheaply priced, cheap looking protective cover which will securely hold you tablet, unless you ever want it back, then this is the case for you. Consider yourself informed. I have learned my lesson; now off to figure out how to get the ripped case of my NEXUS reseated flush.
on 12 May 2014
Fits well, seems quite sturdy. A few minor design details that bug me, the case itself has the magnetic strip on the outside, rather than inside as the iPad cases would have. This makes the cover not perfectly flat, and the clips of the outside could scratch something if it's left in a bag.

The magnet could barely hold the stand together when it was in "stand mode". meaning that at first I was very weary to trust it, and on one occasion it flopped face-first onto the table. The stand sits at a higher angle than is shown in the promotional shot.

Despite these points, it's a really good case, and It's very low profile, I haven't felt a need to take the case off at any point, it's very light also, and barely adds to the weight of the Tablet
on 22 June 2014
I have been using this case for many months now, and the only thing I can say is that... It's a case.

The building quality is decent, but it's not very functional when you use it folded to make the tablet stand up. It's flimsy and the tablet with fall at any movement.

Also, the plastic that it's uses has a very nasty "fishy" smell. I was hoping that it would go away after some time of usage, but after all this time it's still there! It even gets into your hands after you use it. Very strange.

If you have a chance, search a bit to see if there's anything better than this.
on 11 May 2014
This appeared to be a good quality product at first and indeed it has done a good job up until recently. The problem is that the two little pieces of metal that are embedded in the cover flap and attach to the magnet, have come loose and the cover no longer works as it should. I have checked my order history and I can no longer claim a replacement or refund, so effectively the cover has a very short guarantee. I feel this product should last longer that just a few months, therefore I am very disappointed.
on 27 February 2014
Does as described, magnet for locking into stand position is solid, stylus included okay does the job, case lasted a few months as the bottom right corner of the clip-on plastic case broke/snapped off for no apparent reason (usual occurrence from what I've seen in other reviews regarding this type of case) still usable but missing corner is annoying when holding tablet in hand, chucked mine away, purchased different type case for my needs. If your looking for screen cover with stand, cheap and cheerful could be for you.
on 24 March 2014
This was quite a good looking case and fitted the Nexus beautifully with no interference to the screen. However after only about sic weeks use one of the magnetic clasps kept coming out of the socket. I glued the magnet back a couple of times but it continued to come out and eventually the edge of the socket broke away which meant that I could not repair it any further, I have had to replace the case. Maybe I was unlucky!
on 20 January 2014
I bought this cover to my mom. Nexus fitted perfectly, material seems of average/good quality, it's not heavy and along with it came a pen which looks cool, it's comfortable and precision is not bad (first pen I used on a capacitive screen), also had a screen protector that got all bad/dirty/air when I tried placing it on screen... I blame me on that, maybe it's lack of skill, so i ended up not keeping it.
The reason I gave 3 stars, was because the cover has at middle height a piece of metal, that is used to close the lid onto the magnet, but it's not within the cover, instead is outside in front and back part of cover, and sometimes, that metal touches the screen. I had to put a stick on the inside part of the cover, not to damage the screen when closing or when it slips into the screen.
That is the only reason why I cut 2 stars on it.
VINE VOICEon 27 September 2013
This arrives with a standard stylus and a screen protector - the complete product. The quality seems very good.

It fits the N7.2 snugly - no loose corners - with all ports exposed.

The material cleans up veey well after use - finger marks.

The magentic clasp on mine is metalic blue.

The maagnet activates the N7.2 on opening the lid and deactivates it upon closing.

Basically then it's a very good case for not a lot of loot.

It's not that far off the £40 Samsung case I use for my Note 10.1...
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 November 2014
Does the job. The magnets fell out though and I lost one but glued the other in and the case still clicks shut ok. Almost a year old and still hanging together. Can't get a bubble free finish on the screen protectors though - probably need a NASA standard clean room!!
on 30 October 2015
[Unboxing and impressions]

The case itself is solid. It has a hard plastic back and sides with a synthetic screen cover. The cover will hold it self in the various positions and the magnet with wake the device when the cover is opened. The metal part which holds the front cover down gets a bit close to my screen, but with my tempered glass screen protector I doubt it'll be much of an issue. The hard plastic backing allows wireless charging (tested with Ravpower Mini wireless charger).

Stylus works reasonably well, not really for precision work such as drawing, but it does the job. Sadly it doesn't have a place to clip onto the case, but this is hardly anything against the case.

Overall, it feels like a good solid case and only time will tell how it fairs. Hopefully it will last a good while.