on 8 September 2015
Not the fastest SSD but the price at under £30 for thr 60GB model is great and it's a solid reliable device. I bought it for a HP Mini 200 netbook with a SATA2 interface and it was recognised immediately under Windows 7 with AHCI enabled in the BIOS. You can download the Corsair SSD Toolbox from the Corsair website for maintenance if required. My SSD did not need any firmware upgrades so seemed to be using the latest one out of the box.

Windows 7 Starter boots in under 10 seconds from the Windows 7 logo appearing to the logon screen. In fact, it's so fast that the Windows 7 logo barely appears. Bearing in mind that the HP Mini has a SATA2 interface, here at the Crystal DiskMark 5 benchmark results with default settings:

Seq Q32T1

Write: 99.41 MB/s

4K
Read: 6.065 MB/s
Write: 6.111 MB/s

As you can, it's pretty much saturating the SATA2 port. Compared to other similarly priced SSD's from Crucial, Intel and OCZ, the 4K results of the Corsair are not as good but it makes up for this with much better write speeds.

Overall recommended if you need a good quality budget SSD to speed up your system.
on 1 March 2015
This has been running my PC OS for about a month now & works just fine. I have a bit of an old PC, it's an AMD Quad Core 3.2Ghz with 4 gig of DDR2 Ram. The performance has not noticeably improved. I also have a very old laptop with a dual core 800 Mhz chip & 1.5 gig of DDR Ram and the SSD that I put in that sped it up a hell of a lot. I guess that there's a tipping point somewhere.
on 8 March 2015
Is very quick, can boot windows 8 in 4 seconds, have this for my operating system and browsers, and a 1TB HDD for programmes, works very well.
on 17 August 2015
Buy 1 get 4 free!

But seriously, it does what it says on the tin. Won't set the world alight, but for what I need [a backup for my bag], it's perfect.
on 17 January 2015
what can you say Its from Corsair - enough said. Instantly improved boot times
on 10 February 2015
Being a veteran system builder since the mid-nineties, I looked at price/ performance figures on various websites for an SSD.
Samsung Evo figures seemed top of the budget scale but, I didn't like the way additional 'trick' software controlled the speed of the SSD,
longevity comes first for me, especially when you have an OS on it.
Technical data falls marginally short of the Samsung EVO SSD but, with the added bonus of being cheaper!
Installed this in a new-build Windows 7 64 bit Pro Desktop as a primary disk with a Sandisk Plus SSD as a secondary for file storage.
Well impressed with the speed of this at boot-up and the responsiveness of my AutoCAD 2012, CorelDRAW X5 suite and MS Office 2010 programs.
If I need another SSD, I won't hesitate to buy this again.
on 25 January 2014
I was looking for an SSD to backup my main PC and carry around with me so my files are always to hand. Research showed the Corsair Force range has very fast read/write speeds. The price was right, so I bought it. It works as I expected. I've got it in a 2.5" caddy with a USB 3.0 cable interface. Recommended.
on 24 July 2017
Bought one of these and it died after a month. With no moving parts, it can only be poor design or inferior components that were responsible for the failure. Will avoid Corsair in the future.
on 5 April 2015
Ordered and fitted this for my mum in her 2012 Dell Laptop which had Windows on it after I got sick to the back teeth of her constantly whining about her laptop being rubbish; she only uses it for email and web browsing how bad can it be!? I lost the plot one evening with her moaning, took the laptop from her and she was right; the whole thing crawled doing the most menial of tasks. Checked it - no viruses or malware etc... and she never installs anything. I was perplexed.

My first thought was it was likely I/O related and the best way to resolve it would be to install an SSD - I've been a user of Corsair's Force GT series drives in the past and they are excellent, so I had no quibbles about using their ordinary Force series drives; this particular model is just so cheap! Downside is, my mum's Dell laptop had Windows preinstalled along with all the usual OEM junk software on a 320GB drive; no way could I resize the partition to fit on 60GB. So I grabbed a copy of Linux Mint because it looks a bit like Windows, installed that on it, set up my mum's email client and imported her browser bookmarks, handed it back... she loves it. Cold boot to desktop in under 10 seconds, and when my mum clicks stuff, she expects something to happen... and with this drive running the show, she's never left disappointed. It's not the fastest of drives, but for your average user it's more than good enough. My mum no longer moans and I get my peace and quiet back; best £35 I've spent in a long time. 5/5 would buy again to solve parent problems.
on 27 March 2014
Had several of these now and my oldest one is SATAII and is still operating without faults five years old now. This one is just as well made and I hope it to be as reliable as the last ones.