Style Name: AmazonBasics Laptop Backpack|Change

on 20 October 2015
I bought this bag to transport 2 laptops (one 15.6in and one 14in) and other bits and bobs when flying alone. I was a bit apprehensive about buying it for a couple of reasons - for the low price I thought it would be extremely heavy on my shoulders (especially as they are not very strong) and I was concerned whether the bag itself would be able to take the strain of the weight I wanted to carry! However, it has been absolutely brilliant! I have had it since July 2014 and once my husband got his hands on it, he has since used it constantly for work and travel. It still looks brand new and as far as I have (or have not) heard, there are no problems with the bag. It is really spacious, has lots of little pockets, and although it can get a little heavy, it is a very comfortable backpack. If I had to buy a laptop backpack again, I'd definitely buy the same one, especially considering the price of other backpacks. If you are considering it, I'd say buy it.
on 26 January 2015
I have been using this daily for about a month now.
Lots of space, plenty of pockets and it seems like it's made of decent quality materials.
I read a few reviews stating that it doesn't fit a 17" laptop. Mine fit's in, although just barely. A little more space would be better as it can be quite uncomfortable with the laptop in it making it very tight.
So far so good!!
on 2 February 2014
This product is awesome, has so many pockets, is able to handle all my university stuff and not complain.
Would recommend for those with a lot to carry and need something comfy.
It is great, especially at the price.
on 4 June 2016
AmazonBasics Laptop Backpack (up to 17 inches) - Black

Bought this for twenty five squids to replace a Swiss army / Wenger rucksack that cost twice as much.

The styling on this is not quite as nice - and I must say that at first I wondered whether the orange stitching would make people think that I was using a Sainsbury's value brand rucksack .... but I've been pleasantly surprised. I did consider colouring it in with a black marker pen but got used to it quickly.

Comfortable to wear for long commutes and I can stuff books, papers, spare shoes, waterbottle, essential electrical equipment and a fleece into it - plus a couple of bottles of wine if returning home via the off license.

Was not convinced I would like it as much as I do when I first bought it - but if / when it wears out I will buy another.

Have to say that with the last Wenger rucksack I bought (well work bought it actually) there was a plastic covered metal cable running along the top and that broke off after about 3 months. No problems with my Amazon rucksack - and to be honest - I know that if there were any problems that Amazon wouild sort them out straight away.

Given the way things are going I may buy another anyway to keep packed and ready to go - it's only a matter of time before the zombie apocalypse is upon us and I'm going to be ready. May be too small for a full size machete but I should be able to squeeze a Gurka kukri or two into it along with some other essentials.
on 29 November 2015
I have been using this back for last few months including one trip including flights and i must say i am happy with the purchase. It has plenty of space and has too many compartments (i don't actually use on at all but thats me). The only beef that I have with it that the internals in any compartment doesn't have uniform(the white part in photo) stitching throughout making them stuck sometime when zipping it. I have used this in rain and it does seem to protect against it. Overall a perfect buy at this price.
review image
on 27 July 2016
Amazing quality, really I didn't know what to expect here with my first Amazon Basics purchase.

The material feels of high quality, the zips have a very nice feel to them (this is where it could have been a fail) and there is so much space for my computers.

I wanted to get a new bag because I travel for work a bit by bike and I was worried about my laptop bag strap breaking at one end and all of my equipment landing on the floor behind me, additionally the case supplied with the computer is fine, but I have 2x laptops and squeezing them in together is a bit of a shore.

With this bag there is lots of space for both laptops (one is 11 inch and one is 15 inch). I think you would have no problem fitting 2 bigger computers in here though, even older thick models.

There are lots of additional compartments so I can fit my tenkeyless keyboard, headphone case, charger, mouse etc all in with ease. Also has some reflective strips on the back.
on 7 November 2015
sturdy and comfortable to wear.

The straps will need a little fiddling around with to get your personal balance sorted as I found the left strap to feel a bit tighter/heavier in comparison to the right.

side pockets great for holding onto bottles, cans or compact umbrella's but can loosen a bit if items are left in them for prolonged periods of time.

The main body of the bag contains many pockets for sorting your utensils, but can be a little tricky to open the pockets that are hidden under the overlying flaps.

The price is great as it takes off a fair bit of expensive you would normally have to pay for a typical brand that charges for advertising costs and packaging. putting a good quality bag at a more affordable price even if only by a little :)
on 7 July 2014
I bought this for my son as a school bag. Usually we go for 'fashion' rucksacks that last a month or so before zips get busted and the fabric rips. So far, after about six weeks, this bag seems to be standing up well. Lots of room for books, packed lunch, sports kit etc. For the price I'd recommend this bag.
on 27 November 2015
Very practical, discreet and resistant rucksack. The different sizes pockets are very useful to separate stationary, food, from work clothes and papers/ laptop. I have had it for more than six months and it still like new; rucks sucks' straps like the first day although I use it everyday with weight. The only thing I don't like are the side little pockets that are not big and strong enough for my 1 l reusable water. Pockets broke relatively quick; just suitable for a little plastic bottle or small objects. It is water resistant but not waterproof.
on 17 July 2016
Overall acceptable value for money ... sturdy , plenty of pockets
For the record it WILL NOT take my 17" Laptop actual dimensions 425mm x 295mm (16.5"x11.52)
it is the shorter dimension that kills it .. I will not return as it satisfies in other ways .