Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

This is a budget movie with some well known actors but despite that it is only just an OK movie. It could have been so much better and at the beginning you get the feeling it is building up to a bigger plot but then it fizzles out. Set in an ice age where humans are struggling to survive, it is more of a Sci-fi movie. The story revolves around colonies where humans live underground to survive the extreme cold and look after each other like a buddy system. Sam (Kevin Zegers) is the lead and acts well. Ultimately it is a fight for survival and humans may do anything to survive.

There's some action with bloody violence and if you like this type of film then you will watch to the end. However, if you don't like sci-fi or budget films then look for another film.

I do these reviews to help Amazon purchasers make informed decisions about the products they are buying and I am not incentivised to leave a review so if helps you then please say ‘Yes’ below since it helps me know I’m doing things right.
on 10 June 2017
Weather havoc courtesy of mans stupidity, ice age type conditions.
A small pocket of survivors (colony) get an s.o.s. from another nearby underground bunker of survivors.

...I won't spoil the plot, however just remember that eating human flesh sends you mad & breaks the final taboo 😉

I enjoyed this, it was predictable but fun, watching it on my kindle it was made infinitely better by decent sou d courtesy my new Bluetooth speaker which added much atmosphere when viewing, much of the movie is underground / in blizzards & my naff mono inbuilt speaker on its own takes a big chunk out of the movie, so try & understand how stifled the sound is if relying on a tablets built in speaker when viewing, its like having one of your senses removed!

I'd watch it again, it was a good "mulch movie" that wasn't overly demanding nor o.t.t.
on 21 July 2017
Really enjoyed it to a point & at that point I feel like there was some falling out with studios, producers or actors.
First half is good and sets up nicely but then it feels like any ending was needed just to cover costs, anything!
Director probably resigned over something & 2nd unit was left to finish the movie.
Shame, but worth a watch if you can't find anything else.
on 18 August 2017
Just good old survivalist fair. Really enjoyed it. CGI of apocalyptic landscapes structures and acting believeable in my view for low budget production.

I would recommend!

Thanks
on 11 June 2017
To be fair, not too shabby as things go....the plot is a little worn but it is good enough to help pass the time! Not a classic but not terrible either.
on 1 August 2017
I like SciFi genre films. This film while not great was still decent and worth a watch. I doubt it will become a classic but by no means a waste of time.
on 1 August 2017
Worth a watch but it has the feeling of a low budget movie that could have been so much more
on 16 July 2017
I enjoyed this film looked more high budget than low budget....Salutory tale .......cut our emissions now..... dont try to mess with the weather we do not know/understand everything about our planet and how it works. Human beings are basically high order animals
Laurence is always worth watching!
on 13 June 2017
... ok ish movie although ending is sort of expected. plot is nothing new.
on 5 June 2017
Not the worst film I've watched on Prime recently; but not the best. Passes hour and a half if you haven't got a decent book to read.