Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I cannot even begin to tell you how much i love this software.

I received last years version and was gutted to find that payroll wasnt in it and this years is and boy oh boy is it awesome.

To have 1 piece of software that does everything, including printing off payslips that costs half the price of Sage 50 is quite awesome.

I have Sage 50 though and find it too complicated and in comparison this is a breeze to use.

I dont have to hire an accountant, i dont have to hire an HR specialist i can do it all myself.

I love the real time updates with HMRC too as no end of year self asessments for me thanks very much.

I would buy this again and again and again..
VINE VOICEon 9 February 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the most relied upon software I have ever purchased but it is trustworthy, accurate and don't be put off by the price tag - it's replaced our accountant and we've saved already!

Easy to install and the best part of this is that it sounds complicated but it really isn't - i'm the biggest numbers phobic there could be but now between me and this package i'm managing our books and I know they're accurate and up to date. The interface is simple and once the initial data is entered after set-up the management of it couldn't be easier or more rewarding.

A marvellous piece of reliable software and something that will be a fine investment and most likely save you a lot of money in the future. I wouldn't use anything else, perfect program. The pay-roll is a particularly useful feature and a fabulous upgrade from last years.

Highly recommended.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm terrible with numbers and hate unintuitive software. So QuickBooksPro 2014 was a revelation to me. The user-interface is simple and straightforward to use. It combines all the programmes a small business owner needs to ensure the books are balanced, staff are being paid, tax/PAYE is being calculated correctly, and even allows you to maintain oversight of your stock figures.

That it so seamlessly integrates with the Microsoft Office suite of programmes (Word, Excel etc) is a huge bonus and makes the simple things like printing payslips or putting together a presentation extremely intuitive (assuming you have a decent working knowledge of how those other bits of software work, of course).

No one likes having to do this sort of thing, but if it's a choice between a programme like this or hiring someone to do it for you - this wins every time.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you run a small business, then a product like this is essential. It can be used to manage your accounts, and also comes with a one year payroll function, meaning it can also manage your payroll, print your payslips, and upload data to HMRC. It is relatively easy to use (considering that it is about accounting and payroll), but does cost a lot to purchase. However consider how much it would cost to pay someone to run payroll for you and you should make savings choosing a product like this. I would say that if you had the previous year's version there is not that much of a change, however if do not have an accounting & Payroll system, then this is ideal and I would have no hesitation in recommending this.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Another great package from Intuit. I have tried some of the other packages from this company and found them all to be very easy to use. Quickbooks Pro 2014 + Payroll is no exception.
There's a wealth of options to configure, but it's not overwhelming, and with the online support it's incredibly simple to get up and running.
Naturally you must have a working knowledge of payroll and spreadsheets etc. but this package is essentially a user-friendly tool for small businesses. Hard to find a fault.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I now run several businesses in the UK. I use an accountant I have known for many years and have always been happy with their service. I have had very little need for such software, especially given the price of accounting software packages. I am not a computer whiz and sometimes find complicated Microsoft software packages difficult to use.

I reviewed Quickbooks Premier 2012 and 2013 previously and my review is virtually identical to that one. I received this software free of charge via the Amazon Vine programme. In truth I would not have bought such software, given my relationship with my accountant. I therefore used this opportunity to try the software without any risk or guilt. As this is the second tine of using I am getting used to how the programme works and the ultimate ease of use.

It was simplicity itself to install. The software gives you a comprehensive and easy to use accounting package. Whilst my area of business pertains to the service sector and does require the holding of stock, the software can easily handle business situations where stock control is necessary. It can easily track sales, expenses and profits and can create professional looking invoices using PDF's for emails. It can automatically calculate VAT and creates an E file so you can send it directly to HMRC. It works with all Office programmes so there is great compatibility, so allowing greater ease of use. It also allows you to create budgets and cash flow projections. In short this software can handle virtually anything a small to medium sized business can throw at it. It also includes payroll software free for 12 months, which allows you to calculate wages, NI, Tax for your employees.

Whilst I am a stick in the mud and like the reassurance that my accountant brings, this software is the next best thing. It is easy to use and does virtually everything you will require. A great product at a great price, compared to other accounting software packages.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the perfect product for people with small businesses who want to do there own accounts. It is much cheaper than Sage, but offers everything that most people will need. Its obviously not cheap, but is still excellent value for money. The addition of a years subscription to Payroll is an excellent addition and worth the extra if its something that you feel you can use.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 March 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having had QuickBooks in place and with friends businesses as well I am happy to see that once again QuickBooks is a great product and easy to recommend.

For those who already have QuickBooks the conversion from previous versions to this latest one is a complete breeze, wizard driven and no hassles at all.

New features are really great, in particular the ability to attach documents within QuickBooks so it is much easier to keep supporting records together with the main files. It is a really nice feature that I now wonder how it wasn't something I lived without before! The email integration is now much better too, again tracking and tracing emails has improved things a great deal.

For new users I can only suggest you give it a try. You genuinely can start from scratch with little or no experience and have a set of accounts up and running in very short time. I'm not suggesting it is rushed or corners or cut however, but in following the wizards and thinking simply about what you are looking to achieve the software will take care of you very well. For the outlay I would suggest that it might be worth giving a go alongside working with your accountant for a time, and it could well be you feel confident enough to take on much of the book keeping yourself in future, and bringing in an expert possibly just at year end to check the work. Or if you feel brave QuickBooks is definitely capable of allowing you to go it alone, but of course it is each to their own. All I will say is this software definitely can give you the tools to take control of your accounts.

This version also includes Payroll. This is also a very well put together module. The software is simple to follow in terms of the set up and it has full set of features that should deal with even quite complex pay arrangements (maternity, holiday etc). Definitely worth trying to see if it works for you.

Overall then, another strong step forwards for QuickBooks. If you already have it then the upgrade is a good one. If you don't and want to try running your own accounts then this is a definite recommend from me.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I found Quickbooks Pro 2014 to be an excellent piece of accounting software and ideal for someone (like me) just starting their own business.

The software is incredibly simple to get to grips with. Everything you need is located in a list to the left of the screen, so switching between tasks is fast and simple. To the top right of the screen are alerts and reminder buttons (which light up if there is something you need to attend to), whilst the main area of the home screen displays a nice-looking flow chart of your business (though this can be changed so the software starts with any other screen in the settings*).

Entering data is also simple. For example, click to add a new customer and a tabbed screen appears with all the standard information as well as custom fields, should you require them. Quotes and invoices are also simple if you wish to use the standard templates, which should be enough for most people. You can also download more templates within the software or create your own (which is fairly simple to learn).

The Payroll software is easy enough to learn. The best way to learn it is by going to the "Learning Center" on the help menu. From there, click "other topics" and then the "NEW Payroll Overview". This will bring up a short 4 minute video that will guide you through the payroll process step-by-step. Though I won't be using this at present, I found it looked easy to learn, though would possibly be not suited to those with larger businesses with an accounts department (you would be better looking at Sage Payroll for that, which is far more complicated and flexible). It should be more than enough for small businesses, though.

I'm still learning the software, so will post more about it once I've used it fully. So far, though, I am finding it very easy and enjoyable to use and despite having little prior accounting experience feel fairly confident about doing most day-to-day tasks. I will probably need to read up some more when it comes to the year end, but so far it is fairly easy sailing.

*To change the screen that appears when you startup, say to snapshots (overview of your figures), simply open the snapshots screen from the left hand menu (or whichever screen you wish to appear) first, go to preferences, click desktop view, tick save current and then untick show home screen).
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been using Quickbooks since 2008 and have never had the urge or inclination to change. Having installed this new 2014 version I am still of the same opinion.

I am thankful that there have been minimal interface changes, those of you who changed from 2012 to 2013 will remember the radical overhaul. I never liked the depressing grey sidebar colour and a couple of those underused tabs have been removed or replaced.

Auto search works better, my opinion, and you can track emails that you have sent directly from Quickbooks. Documents can now be attached to you customer files.

The product is designed so that if you are new to this, the learning curve is not steep and mostly intuitive. The fact that this product comes with a one year Payroll subscription for up to 99 employees makes this package even better value.

Payroll is particularly important now that HMRC require realtime reporting, you can automate what is a time consuming process into minutes. My only concern with the Payroll addition is that it doesn't appear to include the new pension enrolment options at this time. There are other packages that do this but they are more expensive.

I particularly like the fact that I have been able to customise my invoices and produce my own templates.
There have been claims that this product is quicker to use, I haven't noticed any significant improvements but since 2013 I use Quickbook through Parallels on my Macbook Pro on a Windows 7 partition. To me it is neither better or worse.

Most of the `new stuff' are tweaks but they are worthy updates because they make the product just that little bit better.

If you are a small business owner I am sure you will find this product easy to use, especially in comparison to the others such as TAS, Sage and Accountz.

I have tried them all and I still go back to Quickbooks.

See one answered question