TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 October 2013
Karen Rose has demonstrated her writing skills in this format producing a compact, concise short story of quality. It stands alone although familiarity with characters from her last novel adds to the feel of this excellently crafted story. It is typical of the author to be able to deliver action, suspense, emotion and romance in such a short form. It is clearly intended and described as a novella with number of pages so I cannot understand the complaints of it being too short. Of course we all want more but will have to wait for 'Watch Your Back'. Excellent and enjoyable.
10 people found this helpful
on 15 October 2013
I have all of her books and love that the characters overlap into different books. A must for anyone - brilliant !
14 people found this helpful
on 26 October 2013
Often of late, I have read novella's for a short read in between other books, when I don't have time to read a full novel. I have felt let down with a few of them as they just seem to be an in-filler or introduction to their next book and then it just ends abruptly. This book was totally different.
I am amazed that the author could get such a great and action packed story into just a short amount of pages. The whole story is here. You don't have to read it and then feel let down as it's a lead into the authors next full length novel. This is a whole book! There were some great characters in the book and although only a novella, you were able to connect fully to them.
A great read and one I fully recommend whether you just want an in-filler like I did between books, or whether you just want a great read for a long plane journey or something similar.
on 27 March 2017
A very different novella which brings to an end the story affecting a woman who suffered abuse as a child. With money and helpful friends she sets up a foundation to help children overcome trauma.
One person found this helpful
on 19 October 2013
Nice little novella in anticipation of her next book which I presume will follow on from this.

I didn't actually expect it to be so short for the price but as I'm a big fan of Karen Rose I bought it anyway.

This one focuses on some lose ends that Daphne Montgomery had to tie up and is a great read.

I have read all Karen's books but just once I would like there to be someone bad as the hero or something as it's the usual format and albeit I never usually guess the perpetrator until the end, I do think the plots are now a little tired.

Having said that I await her next book with great anticipation.
on 2 August 2016
A short story about Daphne a married woman with a child who had seen her parents murdered when she was a child and hadn't spoken o anyone for eight years,not even the policemen in the interview room, the therapist , not anyone.. Now she.has been called to the police interview room again to see if she could help another young child in s similar situation. Too short and not enough action for me.
on 6 November 2013
This was OK. I don't know if I like these short ebooks, the story is rushed so you don't have time to connect with the story. This carries on from Rose' s last novel, No One Left To Tell
It would probably work ad a stand alone story because it gives a rundown of the background, which is fine but this leaves very little actual story...
This novella is apparently to give background on Daphne, however, the scant detail provided could have easily been worked into the previous book , or the one due in 2014, this leads my cynical side to believe this novella is no more than a money making exercise.
on 14 May 2014
This was good. It's the first time I have ever read a novella and, I must admit, that I was a bit disappointed with how short it was. When I bought it I didn't realise it was,what I think is the final part of a series so there were times when the lead female, Daphne, talked about what had happened to her and how she was getting over it and moving on that I didn't know what she was referring to.I've given it three stars; only because it could have been much better as a longer novel. I will look out for more from Karen Rose and try to start the series from the beginning.
on 16 June 2016
Thought I'd be disappointed with a short novel, but as I've tried to read all of her books, it was lovely seeing closure on my favourites. I adore every book written and would give her 10+ for every one of her books. They're suspenseful, loving thrillers and wish I could meet a man like she fictionalizes. Also added worry will they survive serial killers x
on 28 December 2015
This novella brings peace at last to a recurring character in Rose's other novels, Daphne Montgomery. Deeply traumatized, she finds healing by helping a little girl who has witnessed a horrible murder, and is now unable to speak. A quick, efficient read, but if you liked Daphne, you'll finally get some catharsis along with hers. If you have never read a Rose book, this would be a good place to start.