Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.49

on 4 March 2014
Again another superb storyline. I'm 50 and have just been in tears reading this. I'm going to start book 5 immediately I have read the first four in three days I just couldn't put them down. Forget twilight etc these are the real deal 😄
on 30 April 2016
This installment is the first to get five stars from me. Presuming you have read and enjoyed the previous books in the series, this book is a must-read for urban fantasy fans.

Unlike earlier books, in this one Sam's impish ways are rather toned down and she seems more 'human' than a lot of humans I know in fact. She has gone from a disturbingly immoral character with evil urges and a soft spot for her boyfriend to a woman with morals and a strong conscience that keeps her natural impulses in check. If you found some of the things she got up to before a bit uncomfortable to read then rest assured this one is easier to stomach.

Instead of running around killing, owning and causing mischief, Sam spends most of this book with Gregory on the case of the dead and drained demons and angels as seen in the previous book. What starts as a strange mystery escalates into a plot of epic potential with disaster looming if Sam and Gregory cannot stop it.

The ending is a cliff hanger that means you HAVE to buy the next one. In fact i bought the next one immediately after reading this one and read it within ine day, it is THAT good. Be warned, it's an emotional end and the next book deserves a rare WOW. this one is a thrill ride that really builds on thr superbly detailed world Dunbar has created here. It's more than just imps and angels. It's darn near epic.
on 9 October 2016
This is the fourth in the imp series, and a slight diversion in terms of style. I really liked this book.

This book largely takes place in Alaska. It starts with one of the best openings I have ever read. Sam is out collecting her rent when all hell breaks loose. She is then told by her angel friend Gregory that another angel has been devoured, and he suspects Sam may be involved. However, she convinces him otherwise and the two then go about following the clues which lead them to Juneau in Alaska. Here they become supernatural detectives, and the story is very much a straight forward mystery with the odd reference to series characters thrown in.

I think this is best written installment in the series and the only thing I missed was the interactions with Sam's animals and demon friends which is always so fun.
Overall more of a episodic edition but no less fun for it.
on 19 November 2013
If you're considering reading this book and then you have probably read books 1-3 and maybe the Novella. But unlike the previous 3 books this one ends with a cliff hanger that had me chasing after book 5.

The imp is starting to grow up and actually feels responsible for the demons that she is responsible as Ha-Satan, and the humans in Hel. We also see a glimpse of exactly what a devouring demon is capable of.

To keep the story moving and heighten the tension Debra has pushed some of the characters into the background to the point that the last quarter had the imp on her own. By the end of this book you understand just how much Az has grown, and the extremes she will go to when protecting her own.
on 11 March 2014
This book is probably the best of them all - so far! I can't wait to start on book five and see what happens to Sam next! Debra is a master -mistress? - storyteller I just hope she either continues with the series or finally ties up all the loose ends - time will tell.
on 18 April 2016
fantastic series, really enjoyed all of the books in this series,, adored our sam, all of her human, werewolves, her demon siblings,, and her very spiritual angel,, who tends to bash our sam around a lot every time he appears infront of her,,, but our sam thinks this is foreplay,,, yep that is our sam,, please let us know when your book 8 in this series will be out,, cannot wait,,,
on 3 November 2015
This was yet another great book in the series but unlike the others I did find myself skipping parts. There were areas where the story just slowed down too much and could be considered waffle. However ignoring these the story still kept me interested and led me to purchase the next in the series which I consider concluded the story well.
on 22 November 2013
Again another brilliant unique story from this wonderful author. Omg this is a fabulous series of books. Must be read in order, but wow you will love them x very addictive!
on 19 November 2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the Imp world books so far. Really glad I found this author. More of the same please.
on 2 October 2013
Eagerly awaited and enjoyed this as much as the others, but left on tenterhooks at the end, so eagerly awaiting book 5.