on 23 January 2015
Even though the measurements for this bag insert are available I had a hard time picturing whether it would fit my camera and my bag. I can now report that it fits my Nikon D90 and D7100 (not at the same time) although I have to remove the battery grip on my D7100. I've tested it with a bulky lens like the 17-55 f/2.8 and the moderate telephoto 85mm f/1.4. As you can see from the photos there is still some space left down one side which could be used for the camera strap and maybe a lens cleaning pen or notebook. I removed all the foam dividers for the photos.

One thing I wish I'd known before I bought it is that the top is totally removable - I thought I'd have to flap it open and then wedge it against the edge of my bag because I wanted to simply be able to reach in and grab the camera without fiddling around. So the removable top is a bonus for me.

Lastly, this insert fits with room to spare inside my Longchamp Le Pliage large tote (see photos). There is still plenty of room for me to put my normal handbag stuff in along with the camera insert i.e. wallet, water bottle, makeup bag, snacks, scarf.... This would also fit inside the Le Pliage small tote and medium handbag but not the small handbag.

Finally, a way for me to safely carry my camera along with all my day-to-day essentials and not have to use an ugly specialist camera bag.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 17 October 2013
I wanted a bag for my new Nikon D7000. Rather than go for an ugly camera bag, I opted to try this to fit inside a conventional messenger type back.

The photo is misleading. I knew my camera was big, but having measured it I was confident it would fit as shown - I thought the stated dimensions must surely be internal given how comfortably an SLR sits in the picture with an extra lens. In reality my camera with fitted lens fill the bag on their own, and there is no room for an additional lens as shown. The camera shown must be very small, and the measurements must have been taken from the outside of the bag not the inside, so be warned (the walls are very thick). This is the only reason it gets 4 stars.

Other than that the case is well padded and offers reasonable protection within my man bag. It comes with two partitions (one shown in the picture) which I just use as extra padding on each side because an additional lens won't fit. It appears to be water resistant but doubt it is 'waterproof'. Seems a touch expensive for what it is, but you won't find one cheaper anywhere.

In summary it just about does what I want, but would be more suitable for D5200/D3200 owners.
on 22 June 2014
Firstly as others have stated this isn't the biggest camera bag in the world so if you want to take more than 2 lenses and more than 1 DSLR body then forget it, however if like me you want something to take your camera with a few lenses in something that will fit inside another bag then this fits the bill very well

A recent trip to Le Mans this very securely fitted my Pentax K50, spare lens and battery within a normal messenger type bag leaving plenty of room for a bottle of drink, hat, sunglasses etc. The padding holds the camera in its compartment very well (always have your camera strap at the top incase you need to get the camera out in a hurry) and the fact it is waterproof is a bonus incase something leaks within your bag or it rains

Its that handy it should serve my perfectly when i take my camera to Thailand, if im honest once i take the extra lens, battery and use the side pocket for spare SD cards and a USB stick the bag is effectively full, but the fact it fits nicely in a normal messenger bag/rucksack makes it perfect for discreetly carrying around my (limited) equipment
on 12 February 2014
This is a great little case, good for day trips or those times when you want to carry your camera around but don’t want to take all your gear, and don’t want to take an extra bag. (And you don’t want to make it obvious that you’re carrying a camera around!)

Other reviewers have commented that it’s unexpectedly small. I measured out the dimensions before purchasing so I expected it to be the size it is, which is perfect for me. I can fit my DSLR and a spare lens with a few bits and bobs like spare batteries, filters, USB flash drive etc. I have one of canon’s small body DSLR’s - the 700D, so I have no problem fitting all this in. I can fit a range of lens sizes. 50mm sits in the bag with plenty of room to spare, 18-55mm has room to spare too. I even carried a 70-300 around in it comfortably, although the lens did stick out of the top of the bag, but because the bag was in my messenger bag that wasn’t an issue.

Another thing I love about this bag is that it’s not immediately obvious that you’re carrying a camera around with you, which for me is a big bonus because I’m often carrying my camera around in places where I’d rather not advertise to everyone that I’m carrying several hundred pounds worth of camera equipment with me!

So in conclusion it’s a great piece of kit and I love it, but if you have a large body camera it might not work for you - check the dimensions before buying!
on 16 September 2013
Bought this to go in my rucksack to keep my camera and spare lens safe. It fits perfectly. I have a camera bag but it gets very uncomfortable on long walks as its one of those across the shoulder sling bags and I didn't want to pay out for another one, this is a great compromise.
on 21 January 2014
This is a very solid build and offers plenty of protection, I've ordered some bags for my canon but it's not the bag but the camera holder that makes the difference to keeping your kit safe. This is clearly not flimsy and well worth the money either to replace your existing inner bag protector or just to keep in an overnight bag. I trust this to protect my 70d and it's well worth getting!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 January 2014
I lost the interior partitioning of my Tarmac 75, this item replaced it perfectly giving added padding while allowing access through the side but not the back. It is big enough to fit a nikon D3100 with lens and also a further lens or flashgun.
on 18 May 2015
I have a Sony a7 and the standard 28-70mm kit lens. My daily bag is a Barbour Explorer and I was looking for a container to protect my camera inside the Barbour. This insert is ideal for the job. The camera and lens fit in snugly and it is just the right size to fit in my Explorer leaving plenty room for other items.
on 5 November 2013
I'd measured up my laptop backpack to see if I could re-purpose this as a quick grab and go camera bag whilst carrying my laptop. Quick answer is yes, this fitted my backpack perfectly and allows protection for my Canon 70D with 24-105mm Lens plus space for another spare lense/flash etc.
on 25 August 2016
Excellent product...I keep my Leica well protected in it.