Customer reviews

on 28 August 2016
What I found with Vaude bags that suppose to convert into backbacks it is next to impossible to fold the back panel tidily into the base of the bag when converting it into a rucksack. It doesn't do it easily leaving the sides partially unzipped.
My husband and I had to fiddle for about 7 minutes sitting comfortably on the living room floor to fold it in - and this is with a new empty bag when you can easily turn it whatever way you want.
I cannot really picture myself riding to work and then trying to fold the panel in somewhere on the street when your bag is full of staff and heavy.
Carrying it by the handle is awkward - like any pannier where the handle is on the side it dandles inwards, hitting your leg.
on 23 August 2017
Fairly pleased with the bag. It takes a minute or two to transform it and can be tricky to redo the zips in pannier mode. One criticism is it would be nice to have a waist strap for loads/back comfort, and it would be cool to have a USB port or vent for usb cable battery pack charging from bag or even camelbak system.
on 7 July 2016
I spend lots of time on research, like most of us cyclist when we buy new gear.
I wanted bag that will not be expensive, I do no want to regret after 6 months.

Great Bag, this should be called i-pannier in pannier category.
It should be at least £80 not £47.
Feel of the material is great, very robust, I got feeling that will last long time.
Bag does not have detailed user manual, It's just bag (some people complaining about 'no manual')
Its nice surprise when you discover all little details (how bag transforms into rucksack).
This morning I used on my bike and this afternoon I was taking on my flight (laptop, clothes change, laptop charger, 2 bottles, phone, charger, 2 books, kindle.
There is enough space inside for short trips (it will handle only daily stuff)
I had few panniers in the past and all of them got worn-off because of daily use, I expect this one to last 5-6 years If I use every day.
This bag or shall I call it rucksack got everything that I need for my daily 4 miles commute.
It got of lots pockets and 'pockets inside of pockets' for money', It also got 2 side pockets for the bottles which I found very handy (i can put coffe-to go while im handling bike.
I had panniers in the past with no pockets or just one (I hated when I had to stop to find things inside), now I exactly know where is my wallet, phone, keys, battery, tool....) its a nice experience...
There is option to attach jacket or carry-on picnic blanket on outside of the bag.
on 3 October 2013
So far so good! The build quality seems fine, but this is only the 1st day I've had the bag, so I can't attest to it's long term life span. (As an example my last pannier lasted for > 5 years and multiple skids)

When I was looking around for more information on the bag I couldn't find any information on how the bag attached to your bike or how it converted to a ruck sack. So I've made a video of that![...]
11 Comment| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 October 2013
I wanted a light weight bag I could use as a rucksack or attach to a cycle rack. Its not particularly lightweight (important for aircraft cabin bag weight limits), but it is sturdy and has dedicated rack clips for hooking to a rear pannier. The capacity is large enough to get clothes, shoes, toiletries and a book or two to last a thrifty traveller a week or so. I'd have preferred if the zips could be locked together (one set can, but two other cant) and the underneath flap which hold the rain cover is inelegant and offers poor security. My biggest gripe with the design is that when used in pannier bag mode, the bag is secured through two clips and a hook that are mounted on a flap. This flap is zippered to the main part of the bag, but if the zip should fail (they do, especially if the bag weight is cantilevered as in this case), then the main part of the bag will fall outwards and towards the ground will still remaining attached to the pannier through the clips. The zippered part is attached (hinge) at the bottom, so the bag will not fall off completely from the cycle, but will hit the ground and be pulled towards the rear wheel. If the zip should fail, then a better fail safe solution would be to have the "hinge" at the top.

To avoid the risk of zipper failure, you may be able to attach the bag to the top of the rack and lay it flat, or use it as a normal pannier bag with a compression strap around the bag just under the clips, reducing the strain on the zip
33 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 January 2014
Would definitely recommend it! Clips onto the rack & comes off like a dream! Converts to a rucksack with ease and keep my things dry. Exactly what I was after!
on 2 June 2016
This is the first pannier I've owned and it's excellent. I was looking at the 28L version but ended up getting the 22L version which is a good size for what I use it for. It easily fits my laptop, lunch, a change of clothes and a few other bits and pieces - and I can get a pair of shoes or jacket in as well when needed. The various compartments and pockets are excellent - right down to details like the keyring, which is a nice touch. I've used it in light rain without the rain cover and everything stayed dry. For heavier rain you'll need the rain cover (which is included). As a pannier, it clips on and off the bike rack easily - the clips at the top are brilliant, my only problem was with the hook at the bottom. Initially I tried simply hooking it onto the horizontal bar at the bottom of my rack but it would come off on bumpy rides, so I now hook it into a notch at the bottom of the rack and it stays put without fail. I don't use it much as a backpack but it's nice to have that option when I need to - it converts relatively easily. Overall very happy with this bag.
on 29 January 2015
Had this for a couple of months now, working well transitioning from bike to office. Easily converts into rucksack and comfortable enough. Good size for laptop, bits and pieces, power, lunch etc. Used it without the waterproof cover in the rain without any problems to date.
on 5 September 2013
This product is of good quality and meets my expectations. The only minor problem is the lower attachment (a hook) to the bike, which is not very practical to remove off the bike.
on 13 July 2016
Fantastic pannier/rucksack and incredible value for money. Pannier back panel folds into bottom compartment to reveal rucksack straps. Includes storm cover. Contains padded compartment for laptop.