on 3 January 2014
I was a bit unsure when I got this laptop going out of the box. Getting used to windows 8 was the first thing but after a day or two. It started to become easier so stick with it. The first issue was the unit seemed to run slow! So , first thing was to update windows 8 to v 8.1 which took a bit of time. This seemed to improve things. But still not right in my view. I then removed mc afee ( windows 8 has windows defender included which is free) . This made a big difference performance wise. Next I used the intel update manager to update drivers, especially the wireless driver. This brought the broadband use right up to where it should be. So now everything going fine. The touchscreen needs a bit of getting used to and responds well, but no where near an ipad.
So all in all good laptop for the price. But be prepared for some tweaking to get it really going.
on 21 February 2014
Absolutely fantastic, 100% recommended to anyone who is looking for a high spec laptop. Very well designed and great build quality.
on 6 November 2013
Great laptop, nice and easy to use, only downside that I didn't know or was written up is that the core i3 model doesn't come with a CD/DVD ROM drive, no big deal to me but others may find this as big downside
33 Comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 February 2014
. Have found it easy to adjust to the new format that my old laptop had and I am 78 years old. All in all very pleased with purchase.
on 28 January 2014
I needed a replacement for my six year old Acer and this one was recommended by my son but when he was setting it up for me even he was surprised at the value for money.
on 25 January 2014
W8 is a different (better) experience on a touchscreen machine. The 8.1 update takes ages on a rural connection.

Big 1TB HDD. Doesn't have a internal DVD drive but it is much cheaper to use an USB one on the rare occasion it is needed than pay for a similar spec with a DVD. Also is more flexible as can link up a bluray if needed.

Overall excellent value for money.
VINE VOICEon 5 December 2013
A fabulous touch screen delivering windows 8/8.1 at its best. keyboard is great to use and the touchpad is a huge advance on the traditional one that you get on most laptops. Rapid boot is also a major breakthrough. This slim, great to feel laptop has everything (except an optical drive - but that is the way they are going now!)
If you are suspicious of the brand name DO NOT HESITATE! This is a great buy.
22 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 March 2014
Well made with aluminium top makes it feel rugged, touch screen gives introduction to all the features of windows 8.
Its a tablet with huge storage
on 13 January 2014
This was an impulse buy for my wife as a Christmas gift because she had talked about getting her own computer sometime. I bought it in the Amazon Black Friday sale where you have to be quick if you think the item is popular and might sell out quickly, but the upside is a very keen price.

I must say I have been very impressed with this machine in all respects. My wife is not an accomplished computer-user, and has little interest in technology, but she does use an iPhone for email and social media. The brilliant thing about this computer is the excellent touchscreen which is the interface with which she is now familiar having used the iPhone for a number of months. Windows 8 is very different, but to me it's fun to have a challenge, and Mrs is more or less learning from scratch anyway. So far, thankfully, she seems to like her new box of tricks.

The computer is well designed, slim and very lightweight. It's fast and the 1 Terabyte drive should last a few years. Rachel commented that there's no CD/DVD ROM drive which is true, but for various reasons this is the trend nowadays and it's a simple matter to connect an external drive via USB. Mark reported problems with the touchpad but I have to say that I've not experienced this.

Overall a very competent machine which appeals to novice (Mrs) and more experienced user (self) alike. After three weeks' use I'm happy to recommend and award five stars. If we experience longer-term problems I'll re-post and let you know!
on 11 February 2014
it is thin like i wanted,move quickly,very nice item.The touch screen is also nice. A little bit difficult to pass from old system to touch screen...but nice