on 18 February 2018
It does exactly what I expected it to do, very good results with photos and negatives. Just remember that if whatever you put in is poor quality expect to do a bit of edit work to improve. It does struggle with photos that were taken a night they come out very grainy but I expect that there is a setting somewhere that will improve the quality. Unless you have experience with photoshop etc leave it in auto mode to get the best results.
Update, not very impressed with software and had problems when the driver suddenly stopped working with Win10 x64, spent a few hours resolving the issue, have not experienced this with other Epson hardware.
I've not changed the rating the scanner is good although I may add along term review.
on 14 July 2017
thought the Canon LiDE 220 was a much better scanner myself, it was a bit faster and easier to operate. still the epson did a great job of scanning but my money got the Canon and glad I did. They were tested side by side. Both good scanners but Canon has the edge in my opinion.
on 7 November 2017
At first I thought it was a dud and considered returning it. In essence, the more information is being scanned, the bigger the file. I was getting pitiful 300 odd K on my transparencies at first, on what I thought were max settings. How wrong was I ... Now, in Professional mode I am getting 1.5 odd Gb per transparency (48 bit, 12800 dpi). To keep it in 48 bit one needs to use .tiff (and not .jpg ... which is a 24 bit format). Needless to say .tiff can handle 48 bit ... I hope. My next stage after scanning. I gave it 5 star after considering that yes, it probably needs to be 1.5 Gb at that resolution. It looks good on the screen, but the proof of the pudding will be printing large format exhibition hardcopy pics. And ... it is quite intelligent since it does 4 photos at a time and one has time to put the kettle on etc. Tells you when you didn't close the cover : ).
on 14 January 2016
On the 13th Jan went to Curry's as this was advertised on their web site for £170.99 -not in stock. Went round the corner to Argos who wanted £199.99 -not in stock. Went on line at 1.20pm same day and ordered it through Amazon £169.50 including delivery and it arrived just after 10am this morning 14th Jan. I have been using it since 11.30 am and it is scanning my photos a treat. I can place various size photos on the bed and as long as a leave a gap between each it gives me separate Jpeg images of each photo. Brilliant scanner and even better service from Amazon. I won' waste my fuel in future.
3 people found this helpful
on 5 July 2017
Very impressed with performance and in particular the film scanning into my iMac. Would have given it five stars but the software only seems to address 35mm and 6X6 cm films, and I have to scan some other (eg 127) size negatives. I am doing this using an older sibling, a 22-year old 1240 Perfection scanner which works with Win10 but not the iMac (it still performs faultlessly after all these years and I appreciate Epson build quality).
on 8 June 2016
It is years since my scanner broke, so when I ordered this I was a bit out of touch with technology. Not being the most techno minded lady in the world I was a bit worried at first, but it is easy to set up and easy to use! I was very pleasantly surprised. The results are good and there is a fair amount of control given to the user as to what you want the scanner to do. It is quite large, but very quiet - I remember my old Epson scanner was so noisy and the whole table used to vibrate when it was scanning! None of that with this! Most importantly it gives good results and is very quick! I would highly recommend this scanner!
on 1 November 2015
Good scanner , I like that you can fully remove the lid, but I don't like that the lid removable mechanism is made of plastic that looks flimsy and easily breakable.With Windows 10 and 8.1 the Epson drivers work well. Happy that is very light and I can easily put aside when not used.
4 people found this helpful
on 7 March 2016
I bought this to scan in 35mm negatives on a Mac. I scanned and printed some black and white negs and compared them with paper prints I created in a darkroom and there's nothing to choose between them (at 10" x 8" size). The negative holder allows you to scan 12, 35mm negatives at once so although the scanning process can take its time, you can just leave it to get on with its job.
on 6 October 2016
Love it! I was impressed in how light it is, almost like a lap-top.
After years using my Epson V200 I had to update it and what a change! It connects via USB, so there are less cables around, you can remove the lid if you need to scan books or over sized documents. I use it to scan watercolors and it does a great job, however, the paper has to touch the screen and can be tricky if your paper is too wavy. It is not particularly noiseless, but I can live with it!
on 16 March 2017
Spent ages looking for a good quality scanner for slides that doesn't take a long time to scan. This seems ideal. The quality is excellent and the scan time is reasonable, scanning 4 slides at once. I haven't used all the features yet but it was quick and easy to set up and and I'm delighted with the results. I'm also delighted with the service in ordering the scanner. It arrived in very quick time, sooner than I had expected. Very well packed in perfect condition. All round an excellent purchase.