on 15 December 2016
DO NOT BUY IT, phones have extremely short life MOTOROLA IS THE WORST POSSIBLE COMPANY to deal when you have a customer service issue. I bought now two Moto G. This one and less than 1 year ago a Moto G 3rd Gen, in both cases I had to thorw them away after less than one year and Motorola refused to repair, and their customer service is totally useless and unresponsive.
on 15 May 2014
I bought this phone after giving up entirely on my iPhone 5 - I was having battery problems and I had been through more than 20 different chargers in the space of 6 months, several of these were "official" Apple chargers and really expensive but they proved to be just as useless as the £1.99 ones found here on Amazon.

Moving on to the Moto G though, I have had it for quite a while now and let me get this out of the way first...the battery hasn't died on me once. At all. EVER! The battery life on this thing is amazing, it gets me through several days of light use and just over 24 hours of more intensive usage, I always have time to charge it before it dies, this is all probably due to the "Power Save Mode" that the phone enters once low on battery, you can adjust what you consider "Low on battery!" and you can set many different options for what Power Save Mode is to you - what to keep, what to disable, etc...

The Moto G is well built, the weight is definitely one of "good quality" and although it is quite large, it fits nicely in my pocket.

The storage capacity is good, but had I known how little of it I would be using I would have opted for the 8GB model instead, though I can't complain about more space, woohoo!

Performance is good too, plays all my games really well (all my games = Clash of Clans!) the screen is large and the display is clear as day, although I don't often have the brightness set very high...I like to keep my battery up...on that note..

The charger for the majority of these new Android phones is probably the same as a cable you'll find around the house, you might use it for your camera, portable speakers, etc. so you shouldn't have trouble charging it!

The only downside to the phone, for me at least, is the camera. Coming from an iPhone 5 to this, the difference is really noticeable.

If you're in need of a cheap, well built and incredibly reliable smartphone - the Moto G is for you.

Things to note:

No socket adapter included, you will have to charge via USB port until you purchase/find a socket to USB plug, these are cheap though, and very useful too.
on 1 July 2014
I was looking for a cheap smart phone and I googled exactly “cheap smartphone”.
I found lot of positive review for this phone and I decided to give it a try.
I’m really happy with it, my other android phone is a top range one, but I don’t feel that this Motorola missed anything in speed or screen or any other smartphone feature.
The camera can take decent photo, but not really hi quality.
The interface is full Google Android.
on 20 February 2014
The best affordable smart phone for now!

What else?
4.5'' IPS screen, proper size with decent display quality.
ANDROID can be already be upgraded to 4.4.2, and it is smooth.

CON:
1G RAM may be little sort sometime. But it is good enough to run 99% apps/games, and mostly enough to deal with multi-task
Battery can not be changed, but honestly, not very heavily usage can be up to around 2 days for next charge.
Charger adapter and earphone not included, but I do not mind
NO SD card slot, but 16GB is enough for me and I suppose is enough for most of people.
on 29 April 2017
Upgraded from the Moto E and so glad I did.
Both phones are super durable, but the extra memory on this one makes it run much smoother. The camera's pretty great too.
on 4 June 2014
I have given 5 stars as you have to take the cost into the factor , build very good , OS very good what it can do . yes the storage is small but the. You an plug in a USB stick , yes the camera is not that good , however what you get is good . over all its a very good phone for the cost .
on 25 March 2014
This phone is beautiful and excellent in all areas I have tested. I tested making phone calls with this phone to the US and has an excellent speaker better than my S3 and really good voice clarity. I would recommend this to any person out there. Video playback is good. Flicking between screens is speedy. The screen is very nice. Overall A+ for this price phone. I have even recommended this phone to my friends.
on 11 August 2017
Very good, great value.
on 26 August 2014
Lovely phone, but I am on Number two and that is going back this week. First one went wrong with screen going AWOL, second phone has had a earpiece speaker malfunction after 2 months
on 23 February 2014
Perfect fit Would advise it to all users of this mobile phone Have no hesitation to buy again when and if required.