Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 23 August 2014
I didn't find this book interesting at all. the only reason I bothered to finish it was because I hate leaving a book unread. the writing was dull and unimaginative and the whole story felt rushed and dragging at the same time. no wonder why it's free!
on 30 January 2014
This was a good book especially for a freebie. Loved reading it and could not out it down. Can't wait to read more by this author.
on 18 June 2014
Loved this book. A really good read. I liked the storyline and couldn't put it down. I think I need to treat myself to the next one now but I'll catchup on some sleep first.
on 25 January 2014
A wonderful love story with a twist I was hooked from page 1 as not all sex sex sex !!
on 23 December 2014
I've had this book for a while now, but always put off reading it. After beginning the first chapter, I regretted that decision instantly. Needless to say, I absolutely loved it. So much so that I just HAD to finish it in one reading.
It's unbelievable how the author captured the characters on page, and how easy it was to forget they were fictional, not real. In my mind, there's clear images of Cole and Em and I love it. I didn't even realise when I fell in love with them both, and how quickly I started feeling what they were: frustration, anger, love.
The plot remained consistent throughout the whole book, and the author did not fail to disappoint.
I think my favourite part was that Cole didn't give up on Em even when her reluctance to admit things was frustrating. That's all I'll say about that or it'll be a spoiler.
Thank you for a wonderful experience and I'll definitely look forward to getting the next two books in the series when possible.
on 18 February 2014
Very nicely paced romance. Emma and Cole did not fall into bed almost as soon as they came together. The author gave them time to get reconnected after the couple met up again quite by chance. First came the renewal of their friendship (although Emma had carried a torch for Cole since they were kids living in the same street) The gradual built up of their mutual attraction happened slowly and steadily - and only then was the intimacy written into their love story. This is my kind of romance.

The sensuality was there - and when it was introduced into the story, it was hot. But this was first and foremost, a love story and the author knew to not let it be swamped by page after page of 'erotica-induced' descriptions that seem to be the trademark of far too many writers. There is actually a story to this romance outside of the 'bedroom'. Thank goodness for that.

The author wrote about the effects of mental illness, not only on the one who suffered from it, but also on how it impacted on the lives of family members, from mother to father to sibling. The scene in which the brother suddenly realized that his sister would never have the experience of going to college, fall in love and live a full life was written with a light touch and with the right amount of poignancy. It was a passing scene and still managed to touch a chord in me as I read it.

This was a free download. It is the first of a trilogy. Because this one held my interest, I look forward to buying the next two books. Offering book 1 for free is a good move by the author. Of course the story has to be good, free download or otherwise. It so happened that this one was worth my time spent reading it. I also like that although it is part of a trilogy, the author ended it smoothly without leading the reader right to the edge of the suspended proverbial cliff
on 26 January 2015
Whilst I, for the most part, enjoyed this book, Emma's character frustrated me at times.

Emma has always lived in her sister's shadow, seeing her as more beautiful and popular. When her childhood crush, Cole, crashes back into her life, could it finally be Emma's chance with him? The problem is that her sister, Layla, wants him for herself, seeing him as the perfect way to reach her goals. Cole wants Emma but fear of losing her sister, despite her being a complete b***h, holds her back from fully committing to and celebrating their relationship.

Emma's constant concern for her sister's needs over her own should come across as selfless but in the end it comes across as selfish for Cole's needs. Totally frustrated me and I'm impressed that Cole stuck around.
on 2 October 2013
Poor Emma having to live in the shadows of her big sister Layla...... It was so great to see Emma grow up and turn into the beauty she always was!!

I really liked Emma, although I felt sorry for her throughout the book because of how she took a backseat against Layla, she really grew into her own, with her self confidence sky rocketing! I hated the fact it took so long for her to be brave enough to confront her sister, no one should feel like that with family.

Emma - Having him see her, really see her in this most intimate way, had been worth all the years of waiting.

Eeek Cole was perfect! Bad boy turned good!! Sexy, muscular, sensitive, thoughtful.....I think I'm in love hehe.

Cole - "I'm in love with you, Em, and I want us to be together."

Ugh Layla was a typical self centered airhead, to put it bluntly!! She was only bothered about herself and usually got what she wanted.....

Layla - "Enjoy him, Em, because you lost me to get him."

I really liked that this book flipped back and forth from present to past, we really got to know the characters and feel involved in their lives. Some parts I wanted to scream at the characters, especially Emma, but thats a good thing for me, its bringing out my emotions which is what I like from a book! I gotta say though I was so excited when they finally got it on, there was way to much sexual tension between them that needed sorting!! So overall I loved this book, it had romance, sibling rivalry, steamy scenes *blushes*, even a cat fight thrown in *meow*. Most of which alot of people can relate to because it all happens outside of books! I cant wait to read more by this author :-)

I was sent this book in exchange for my honest review. (Making Connections Group - New Adult Edition)
on 25 April 2014
Free download. Well this was a bit different. 2 sisters totally different personalities and virtues who both want the same guy, but the guy only has eyes for 1. This story is about Emma, Her older sister Layla and Cole the object of their affection. Their families lived across the street growing up and Emma had a huge crush on Cole but she's 3 years younger so Cole never noticed her, and now Emma is older, confident, sexy and loving, so when a chance meeting in a coffee shop throws Emma and Cole together he can't help but notice. They have an instant connection which sparks into more, unfortunately Emma doesn't want her sister to find out avoiding the drama she knows Layla will cause. I enjoyed the story, plot, romance, sex and even the angst was great making an all round nice read. My only issue was I really wanted to tell Layla where to go the silly selfish witch, I would recommend and will look forward to the rest of the series.
on 17 October 2014
Great start to a series. Layla and Emma are sisters and they spent some of their childhood growing up next door to the yummy Cole Marlowe. Emma has always adored Cole from afar but she was younger and invisible against her older, prettier sociable sister. Art nerd vs head cheerleader.
Years pass and Emma has grown up. Beautifully. Her path crosses with Cole's, but what will happen when they reacquaint themselves? Relationships are developed and tested.
This is a really good book. Lovely writing and lots of sisterly dynamics. Am off to read book 2.....(No cliffhanger....ends nicely and leads into next story)