on 13 August 2013
Having only recently discovered the articles written by Robin Whalley I find him to be very informative and knowledgeable on his subjects, without blinding one with a lot of unnecessary science. I have been using Photoshop on and off for some years. In this Kindle edition by him there were some things I did not know on how to try and get a better quality image.

His stile of writing and description makes this book highly recommended and his final images look superb. A man I would like to meet.
on 20 July 2015
Having recently up graded from Adobe Elements to Lightroom on Adobe Creative Cloud I also got access to Photoshop. Found Essential Photoshop on Amazon and down loaded it to my Kindle and Kindle App on my laptop. Excellent book very clear explanations of things like "sharpness" and how it works amongst other things which I have never found clearly explained in other books I have read. Also sets out aclear work flow for using Photoshop CC.
on 19 February 2014
I thoroughly recommend this book! It details the important steps required to 'process' an image in a logical order. You don't need them all in every image but by following the 'workflow' I am producing much improved processed images, far quicker. Its also very concise - for me, too much detail is a turn off - some books are padded out with irrelevant and distracting detail. This book gives me a quick overview and understanding.
on 30 March 2015
Yet again, Robin shows in a clear and simple way how to get the best out of Photoshop. It has given me greater confidence in my approach to using this piece of software. Another little gem of a book from The Lightweight Photographer.
on 26 August 2013
As a veteran Photoshopper (I started with CS2) I was interested to see the approach offered here to less experienced users and to see how much I could learn from it myself.
The answer to my first question is that it's an excellent teaching tool and will be a real asset for anyone starting out on what is, after all, a huge learning curve.
As for my second point, well yes, I did learn from it. I was reminded of several tricks that I seldom use these days and as a refresher for anyone who already knows Photoshop to whatever extent, this book is still a tremendous asset.
I recommend it highly.
on 26 August 2013
Although this short book is promoted as "for beginners" it is sufficiently thorough and detailed to be also of use to experienced Photoshop users - many of whom will have skipped learning much of the detail here, or indeed, forgotten it.
Always readable, and eminently clear and sensibly arranged there is a wealth of concise and useful information. Every beginning digital photographer needs to master the nine tools referred to and assiduous reading of this excellent Kindle edition will help improve their finished work.
on 16 September 2013
I was pleasantly surprised by this book, Robin Whaley has produced an easy to read "how to" manual setting out fundamental instructions and good practice. It seldom strays into technical waffle and when it does it is for good reason and easy to follow. The book is probably more suitable for beginners, however seasoned user should download this book to keep their skills and working practices honed. At this price it is well worth having on your Kindle. Well done Robin.
on 9 March 2015
Would recommend this book to any budding Photoshop user its easy to understand and gives you a good grounding in Photoshop,
on 28 August 2013
I love the way Robin has pulled together these techniques into one useful guide. The step by step worked examples using his pictures really do help you to understand the processes. Having used PS for a few years now, I thought I knew a bit about some of the techniques - but my understanding was taken to new level by the detailed explanations. The section on 'curves' I found particularly enlightening - having been a bit of a mystery to me before.
on 5 December 2015
Enjoyable ebook with great hints and tips. Not too long and written in a style that helps to keep you interested.