Customer reviews

I Am Mountain
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 July 2017
Innovative music which draws you in and lifts you up.
on 9 October 2013
A lot of christian music could be played at the front of church for the whole congregation to sing along. It's intended to lead people to a certain place and this works well.

This is not that sort of music.

The style of this music is to take you to a place and let you decide what to think. Take track 2, where the protagonist goes down to Hades to ask the devil to let his wife free. It doesn't preach at you, but suggests and provokes a response.

I definitely responded to this. I am still processing some of the lines, like "He told me all the stories of the world beyond the world."

What also impressed me was not just the style and freedom, but how good this is musically. it reminds me of the Suburbs by Arcade Fire in terms of breadth. There are so many styles covered, but throughout, a theme is maintained and the end result is a consistent album.

I cannot express how much I love this album. It is superb, in every way.
on 26 September 2013
If you own any of the other Gungor albums, you will know that each one seems to have it's own unique sound - and I'm please to say I Am Mountain is no different. What I find most enjoyable is the creativity behind the whole album - on the first listen I reached the later tracks and still had no idea what the next track would be like. iTunes tried to categorize this album as "pop", but this is not an album which can be squashed so simply into a single genre. 5 stars from me, the best album I have downloaded this year.
on 8 February 2014
This album is from one of the best Christian groups in the world. It is amazing and must be listened to. The music is great, the lyrics superb.
on 5 November 2013
As innovative as ever, Gungor never fail to surprise. Plenty of variety and lyrics which bear repetition. Original and enlightening.
on 14 August 2014
Gungor are always reinventing themselves and this, to my mind, is their best reinvention yet.
Great music, great lyrics.
on 6 November 2014
I bought for my brother in law. He loves it.
on 24 December 2015