on 19 January 2016
You got to hand it to them, for outlandish plot and hammy acting, once you start you got to watch the unfolding shark attack for the increasing outrageousness. I'd like to think the producers knew what they were doing, and did it anyway. Fair play

The sound quality is atrocious by the way, we had to turn up the volume and kept having to turn it up to be able hear the dialogue. I'm not sure what the point was of putting it on bluray, since the picture quality doesn't gain anything by being on HD medium.
on 6 February 2015
Despite the negative reviews this film gets I loved it! Yes the effects are sometimes a bit cheesy but I've seen and in fact own films with worse.... I thought Tara Reid was awesome as the bitter and somewhat obnoxious Ex-Wife. I haven't seen her personally in anything else since The Crow - Wicked Prayer but she was great. She also seems to be slated regularly by a lot of reviewers as well but hey guys, she's awesome, Yo Tara!!! Someone out here loves you..... Ian Ziering was great too and as for Cassie Scerbo (oh mama!!) WOW, I must check more of her films out. I caught a bit of Sharknado 2 on TV a few nights back so that's in my basket now.... Enjoy............

Bad news guys - Sharknado 2 is pure drivel so don't bother!! It's a lesson in how to screw up a promising franchise with sloppy plotline and slack continuity. Stick with Sharknado and call it a day there...
on 13 March 2014
I was quite taken aback by how realistic the storyline was. The effects blew me (and the sharks) out of the water! A must-see for all those who thought the likes of Avatar, Gravity and Inception set the gold standard for special effects in cinema :)
on 3 February 2014
This is one of those films that is so bad that it's actually pretty good. You probably won't watch it more than once unless you want to show your friends a really random film one night. The special effects are terrible and the acting isn't much better either but we had a great time watching it and just making jokes about it as we went. A good film if you don't take it seriously.
on 7 January 2015
Even though this is a gift for someone I can recommend it as it's only a gift due to how amazing it is!
Horrendous acting
Awful effects
Abhorrent scripting
Just plain ridiculous

It has all the ingredients for success and surpasses it!
on 22 August 2016
Save yourself from wasting an evening watching this (even if your only watching it for a laugh like us) it is truly awful which you'll stop finding funny really fast.
on 30 July 2015
Well what can i say about a load of Sharks being sucked up into a tornado..There's only one word that i can describe this film and that in Fun.. I know its not the best film in the world but i liked the little Jaws touches they added like "Were going to need a bigger Helicopter" I thought that was a great Homage to the Spielberg classic and the fact that the residents of this little beach town trying to survive was another nice Jaws touch i thought..
This film is worth a watch if you like the guilty pleasure sort of movies..
on 11 March 2016
Bought as a x-mas gift for my brother as part of an on-going quest to fill my brothers shelves with titles from the "how did this get made" podcast
on 10 August 2014
Watched after reading about its semi cult status. Yes its terrible but also great fun. If you are a movie snob or have no sense of humour then avoid. If you are as low brow as me, sit back and enjoy!
on 13 February 2017
Terrible film but was bought as a joke present so just what I was after!