on 23 August 2014
amazingly thrilling book, couldnt put down. Will start book 2 straight away.
on 17 October 2013
Helen Phifer has a gift. This book captures all you need in a book, fear, excitement,romance and history. If this is not enough it is also a book which is an easy pick up put down book, perfect when your four year old announces he wants his iPad back! Well done Helen awesome debut, bring on the next one....quick
on 20 October 2013
If you like supernatural tales, or crime stories, or thrillers, or even romances ............. then this is the book for you. An excellent read, I was gripped from the start and couldn't put it down.
As it is based in my local area, I don't think I will be walking my dog down the Abbey any time soon!!!!!!
on 6 June 2015
If this book is anything to go by, the other three books in the series are going to be well worth reading. The author certainly keeps the reader wanting to turn the page and see if their own conclusions match the mind of the author, but quirky twists make it almost impossible to second guess. Well done.
on 20 November 2013
What can be said that has not already been said about this cracking debut from british author Helen Phifer ? Twisting and turning through the woods to the Abbey are you brave enough to follow Annie along the path and face your fears ? Ideal book for a dark wintery night ... but keep the light on!
on 15 May 2014
Really loved the book and could not wait to read the second instalment. A detective story with a twist which makes it just that bit different. It also helps that I know the area in which the author is writing and it is nice to be able to identify with the places mentioned. Well worth reading.
on 18 December 2013
I loved this book because it was so easy to read . Once I started I didn't want to stop!! Because I am local to to the area where the book was set it was more appealing, although I doubt I would be walking alone in that area now !! Excellent read can't wait for Helen Phifers next publication .
on 23 March 2015
This story is a brilliant mix of crime, ghost and historical story. Parts of it reminded me of 'Turn of the Screw' or 'The Woman in Black'. It was difficult to put down and I stayed up late into the night to finish the last few chapters. I will certainly be looking for more by Helen Phifer.
on 27 October 2013
After a slow start I found myself unable to put this book down. It has a clever plot and does an great job of mixing a crime novel with a classic horror story. The characters develop with the book and at the end I was hungry for more. An excellent first novel,hopefully more to come.
on 12 March 2016
I loved reading this book, i enjoyed this book from the very start and found it hard to put the book down. I have to say though as much as i love looking round old buildings like this one and although fictional i wouldnt want to live in one! i cannot wait to read the next book.