Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£9.78

on 5 July 2014
Excellent introduction to learning C programming. I particularly like the easy to follow structure (can be a little tricky at first if you're using a Mac like myself but you'll be able to adapt quickly)
on 2 January 2016
This is concerning the Kindle edition of the book.

The layout is extremely convoluted, it has links to the images that are positioned later in the book but no easy way to get back to the page in question. There do not appear to be exercises for many of the concepts introduced, negatively affecting retention, but again, this may be due to the awful Kindle implementation and I just cannot see them properly.

The pages change their layout style as you move back and forth, meaning information you might be checking moves from the page you are trying to turn back to.

Reviews seem good for the book, but the Kindle edition is unusable for the purpose.
If you have never programmed before and you are choosing C as your first programming language then this book is for you.
If you are a programmer either professional or hobbyist and want to add C in your toolbox then this book is too slow and fundamental, you will get bored.
on 23 June 2016
The book itself is great, I am part way through. However, the program they use throughout the book doesn't run on my machine correctly (as in nothing will output due to permission restrictions) and I can't seem to fix it - there doesn't seem to be any support for this. Pretty annoying if you're a beginner...
on 6 September 2015
Very well structured book, it really is an Absolute beginners book, very easy to follow examples , learning coding is difficult at best but it should also be enjoyable and that is where this book has been great, serious but great fun to follow and use.
If you are into playing about with Arduino then I can recommend this book to further your coding understanding.
on 1 September 2016
I havent finished this yet, but I like the way it explains the concepts and gies you tasks throughout the chapters
on 1 November 2014
A truly absolute beginner's guide book, well paced and structured. Strongly recommend as a great first read.
on 18 April 2015
At first glance the book seems very informative with consideration for the reader
on 14 January 2014
Bought when I started programming at university, the book was recommended by my course.

It had quite a simple layout, not sure whether or not I liked the childish chick in an eggshell giving tips.

The book had better detail than Mike McGrath's C programming book which I also bought, but within 4-5 weeks on my course we had advanced the level covered by the book, so not much use to me after that.

Overall I think I made an error in buying books to learn to program, it can all be done online.
on 21 October 2013
As a beginner this book tells and teaches me from the zero level and also answer me whatever ques comes in my mind. Its magical thanks