on 14 December 2015
No Subtitles on rental Dvd, to hear dialogue volume was therefore at a level where music was too loud and there were plentiful musical interludes peppered between scenes during which we saw the three leads mucking about in rather lovely country settings, often bathed in golden sunlight. The film is a mixture of broad comedy provided by the parent characters, teenage concerns played in a heartfelt way by the young cast and bizarreness provided by the character of Biagio an uninvited contemporary of the lads, whose unique take on life is always surprising.
on 9 March 2014
Yes saw this on amazon instant and totally love it as its about coming of age and doing it in a off the grid sorta way . I think the flash forward are great as the kids visualize escape from their present lives !!It is heart warming , surreal and fun too .Got the DVD now and will buy the digital for my tablet and laptop as DVD`s get scratched too much when I travel and I can upload to multiple devices once bought from the amazon video and becomes part of my online collection .
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 27 January 2014
More in-depth and darker than many reviews suggest, in parts I thought it was a tiny bit sexist in its portrayal of womenkind BUT it has tension, humour, and a plot that will involve the minds of most people who opt to watch it. There were about 7 or 8 of us watching, most were sceptical when I read the main blurb in advance but they all said it was good when they watched it. Steve Riches, Northampton, UK.
on 7 July 2017
Arrived in great condition. Is a very quirky, easy going film! Definitely recommend giving it a watch.
on 25 January 2018
If you you got issues with with life's problems then watch this film, the grass is always better in the next field, or is it.
on 31 January 2015
Great movie, one of my favourites. However the picture quality on blu ray is poor, actually inferior to my version recorded from Sky. Consult Blu ray.com to confirm this, the picture is over bright and looks faded. I'd recommend you choose DVD.
on 13 April 2014
Such a great film. Touching, honest, warm - so many funny moments to. I'd have paid even more for this, because it was so good - the lead 3 actors all deserve to have great careers. This film is for adults and teens and kids - brilliant.
on 29 April 2015
A beautifully played out film. Excellent performances by all the cast, really a story about friendships, relationships and growing up.
on 15 February 2016
Rite of passage with a difference. Brilliant performances from the boys and unexpected subtlety from this American boys on summer vacation growing up movie. Not the cliché ending I was dreading. Highly recommended.
on 29 July 2015
Quite a good story of three youngsters looking after them selves, all seemed to enjoy the challenge,at the same time make the best of the situation. I remember nick robinson from from goodnight mr tom. DB.