Customer reviews

Let It Snow
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 15 January 2015
This book is difficult to rate as I preferred one novella over the other two. Though as a whole, it has to be a three star.

The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson was my favourite, by a mile to say the least. It was fun, quirky and how could you not love Jubilee? This novella was the best written of the three and makes you smile from the start.

A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle is the second novella by John Green. This novella has the same classic writing style that John usually uses in his books. Though I don't think this is as good as what he usually writes, and think some if his other work is a lot better than this one. I think the reason for this though, is that it's shorter than all of his other books, so I feel he was rushed with this novella.

The Patron Saint Of Pigs is the third novella by Lauren Myracle. This one wasn't too bad, but I think it was forced and rather rushed. It lacked the depth, quirkiness and overall feel that the first story had. There was also too much quoting and likeness to It's A Wonderful Life, and I didn't that aspect.

I did like how the stories were connected together, and that overall it was good, but because I feel the stories progressively got worse, I can only give this a 3 star review (I can only apologise to John Green as he is awesome).
on 22 June 2017
A great "The Holiday" themed like book, with three stories combined at the end. It is a great read and all of John Greens books are definitely books that preteen, teens and young adult can relate to and get a kick out of, would recommend it any day
on 22 June 2017
Fantastic item, would recommend
on 3 April 2017
Such a lovely, well written book! Perfect for fans of romance!
on 21 May 2017
The book came within a few days and met my expectations! Loved reading it!
on 23 November 2014
good
on 29 April 2017
An amazingly clever book with 3 great story lines!
on 17 January 2011
I'm 23 years old, and I did not feel too old/mature to be reading this book!
I've been wanting to read a holiday-themed book for the last few Christmases, so when I stumbled upon this little collection, I didn't hesitate to buy it.

No regrets! These three holiday romances are sweet, funny and keeps you captured;
I had to force myself to make the chapters last for more than the first 2 days I had it.
The best thing (if you love the characters that is) is that all three stories are connected by the people, places and shared events.
A perfect holiday book for teens and older.
on 14 September 2013
Let It Snow is three short stories by three bestselling authors that are pieced seamlessly together to create one fantastic Christmas tale. The first part of the story is written by Maureen Johnson, an author that I have never read before, but her writing is very similar to John Green's. Her story is a brilliant opener for this book and it had me gripped right away. Her writing is very funny and I felt like a teenage girl was actually talking to me as I read her story. I found it very easy to relate to Jubilee who is the sort of girl that I would love to be friends with in real life. Although she can be quite shy and doesn't realise that her boyfriend is treating her like cr*p, she is also quite a strong character and you see her develop, with the help of Stuart, throughout this short story. This story definitely could've been a great success as a standalone story and I wish that there had been enough space for Maureen Johnson to write even more about Jubilee and Stuart because I would love to know how their story ends.

The second section by John Green is without a doubt the best part of the novel. His story is the classic tale of two really old friends who've known each other since they were babies but have developed feelings for each other as they've grown older. John Green has this magical ability to put into words exactly how a teenager feels. Despite the fact that the story of friends becoming lovers has been retold time and time again, his story was so much more special because the emotions felt real. This story compliments is written from the perspective of a teenage boy, as opposed to a girl, so it compliments the first story nicely as you get teenage romance from two different perspectives. This story is also incredibly funny as well as heartbreaking - just like all of John Green's other novels - and I found myself laughing out loud but also holding back tears at some points.

The third section, written by Lauren Myracle, is what turned this from a five star book to a four star book. This section is written from the point of view of a Addie, an incredibly self-absorbed and whiny girl who really just annoyed me. I guess this story was supposed to be about how Addie realises how selfish she has been and changes right before Christmas but she really was far too annoying for me to sympathise with her at all. This section is where all the different strands of the story come together and you see how all the characters that you've already met in the previous two sections know each other. There were lots of names flying around this section and I had to keep flicking back through the previous two stories to figure out who was who and what their relationship to everybody else was. This made me awfully confused and meant that I couldn't really enjoy the story as I spent too much time thinking and trying to piece everything together. The ending of the story was a little disappointing and you don't get a real wrap for any of the three stories, you just get to the point where they all meet each other and piece together what's happened to all of them over the past few days. This is a great shame and I was left wanting more. Much more.

All in all, this is a fantastic teen read that is perfect for Christmas. Fans of John Green will lap up this novel, particularly the middle section; however, prepare to be a little disappointed by the last section. I almost wish that this novel had actually been split into three separate books so that each author could've spent more time developing the relationships between each pair. If you're looking for three short and sweet Christmas romances then this is definitely the book for you. If you're someone who gets really, really annoyed when a story isn't quite finished, then perhaps this isn't the book for you.

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 February 2016
I just blazed through this. I got it out of the library, intending (in January, so there was a chance!) of saving it for a snowy/icy/seasonal day's weather and then sitting down with it and feeling 'wintry'. But the weather wasn't playing ball and once I'd started, I was going to get through the whole book.

It's a lovely read, probably even better on a snowy day, but it had a Christmas glow feeling about it (even in January). A collaboration by three YA authors, each story tells of a different couple/relationship that connects with those that have come before it, in a small snowed in town on Christmas Eve.

As you'd expect from the genre, we have teenagers who have fought, some who are just meeting (some lovely 'meet cute' scenes), some who initially don't like each other, some 'warming to each other' moments, and relationships flowering. A train crash (well, stopped by snow anyway) in Gracetown stops one girl from travelling to her grandma's house while her parents are in prison (in a hilarious story of shopping indulgence), the snow threatens to stop another from reaching the restaurant where a whole troop of cheerleaders are anxiously awaiting his Twister board, and another struggles to rescue a teacup pig for a friend. Eccentric, funny, and perfect winter reading.

The characters are well-drawn, some rather adorable ones of both genders, lots of witty banter, loveable relatives and cute set-ups. The trio of tales complement each other and play off each other very well, it's good to see characters again, and from different perspectives as you read along.

None feels so brief as to be incomplete, they all have a good length to them, but they also run into each other enough to feel like one longer story, told by different narrators.

Warm and snug set of YA stories for a winter's evening. Most enjoyable.