Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 19 November 2016
Brusenna is a young witch who has been shielded by her mother Sacra from the ways of the witch. Coyel, a friend of Sacra's arrives with the information that the Dark Witch Espen has captured all the other witches. They both leave to try and defeat Espen. Several days later Senna finds a note from her mother which makes her decide that she has to go and find Espen and try to rescue the witches. Leaving the safety of home she starts her journey meeting along the way Joshen who is to become her guardian.
Senna is pursued by a witch hunter, Wardof, who is in the service of Espen. Defending herself as best as she can she eventually finds Haven. There she finds a whole library of witch books and spends the time learning everything she can about witch songs. Once she feels confident she goes looking for Espen and the captured witches...
The story is full of adventure with a mix of mystery and romance. Have already started the next book.
on 31 December 2016
Brusenna is a character I have seen before. She is a magic user with prejudice levelled against her, living in isolation, who is thrust into a world she's not ready to face. This is a typical YA story of growth in that respect. There were enough twists to differentiate the story in my mind from others in its genre, though I needed to see more to award this five stars.

I felt she could have accepted help more easily, but that her reactions were realistic and her character well drawn. Perhaps the biggest injustice of the story was how badly she was treated by her community's elders at the end of the story. It makes me wonder if this will be the next mountain she must climb, in order to gain respect in this world, and find her corner of safety.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 February 2012
'Witch Song' has been a marvellous find for me. Although not my normal genre at all, a friend gave it such a good recommendation that I couldn't resist.

First if all don't be put off by this being referred to as a 'Young Adult' novel. Like Harry Potter, this story has the range to appeal to young people and adults alike. It's story I would be more than happy for my eight year old to read.

Brusenna (Senna) is the main character. She's a young witch whose led a sheltered life as her mother tried to protect her from the evil force that threatens the world. But when her mother is summoned to fight this evil Senna is left alone to prepare herself, the last witch, for a duel with the most evil and powerful of witches, Espen. Her tale is filled with highs and lows as she runs from hunters and help comes from the most unexpected places.

Amber Argyle has a created a wonderfully believable fantasy world where anything is possible. The story has a nice pace that starts you off slowly and gradually increases to a mighty crescendo and just when you think its all over there's more drama in store.

If you read between the lines you will see that woven into this tale are some complex and issues about life's journey and what we're doing to the environment. It's not done in a preachy way at all but it certainly leaves you with a few thoughts rattling round your mind.
on 30 November 2015
It had potential I'll give it that but if you ask me the important parts were rushed as if the author to keen to get it all out instead of taking her time. I noticed small things that bugged me like how certain things were just brought in without any explanation as to why they were there. Senna is the main character and honestly I couldn't grow to like her, she was deeply childish and I felt the author was trying to force her into being a heroine who was selfless but was failing quite badly. All in all the book irritated me somewhat
on 17 April 2017
This is the first Amber Argyle book I have read but I shall definitely be reading more, it is well written and just at the right pace I shall definitely be looking out for more of her books
on 29 June 2017
Enjoyable story. Liked the storyline, well thought out and good characters. There was enough tension built into the chapters to keep me reading.
on 11 March 2014
I nearly didn't buy this book even though it was free as the front cover didn't appeal to me. I'm so glad I did buy it. It's well written with characters that you care about and and a breathtakingly plot. I've bought the 2nd book and I recommend you get it too. You won't regret it
on 20 March 2017
Got this as a free download and found it to be a good read. Interesting story that moves along well.
on 29 January 2014
I have not yet finished this book but have been enjoying reading it. It has been a good read so far, the characters are interesting allthough it is really only a few main characters who have a great deal of depth. It is a pleasant read which I do recomend
on 1 February 2015