Customer reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 May 2014
Firstly, 60 tracks for less than a fiver.
Secondly, IMO 50+ are brilliant.

I'm a bit of a sucker for compilation albums. You know the type, the leader tracks are great then you realize that the rest are bummers. This is an exception. I'm not a huge fan of all 80s music but, exceptionally, this album has a few of my favourites. Wordy Rappinghood is rarely on compilation, but I love the dexterity of the lyrics. Swansway's Soul Train is a classic track. Add Swing out Sister, Boy George, Human League, Simple Minds, OMD, Kim Carnes, Yazz, Transvision Vamp, The Damned... and many, many more. It's a great trip down memory lane. If you like more than half a dozen tracks, nothing to lose at this price.

Fabulous album, excellent value and quite a few going over to my 80s playlist.
on 2 April 2017
All three of these CDs are great, one of the best 80s CDs that I have, all very good artists all relative too the era............
on 25 August 2014
Excellent
on 12 September 2013
I am always looking at Amazon Playlists and some of them are amazing value, i have been adding to my music collection for some years now since technology has changed so much and downloading works for me. You will also download stuff you do not want but at the price it costs I can live with this. This is a great collection of 80s stuff.
on 20 July 2014
I'm not the best person to review this mostly because I'm not a great fan of 80's music, however I looked at the price and then the individual prices and worked out there were enough I liked to pay the 5 quid or whatever it was. I guess I was as much surprised by artists not on there, Fine Young Cannibals, Toyah and Adam & The Ants, indeed it does appear that the New Romantic era all but slipped by. Having said that, songs such as Will You (from Breaking Glass and Hazel O'Conners finest song) Under your thumb from Godley & Creme, Electric Dreams and Tears for Fears give enough clout to the album to make even the most cynical 80's survivor listen to it.
on 2 August 2016
Lots of tracks you expect and happily a few you don't. Very few I didn't like and not much that I would describe as fillers. Very nice to see Rosie Vela on a compilation like this. Is that the original single version of Rock Lobster too?
on 4 August 2014
I find that the mix up cd's are better than the artist only albums because on the artist album there is normally one or to good songs and the rest are not.

The cd has a lot of the classics on and a very good mix of songs.
on 21 January 2015
its 80s music I enjoy these songs. thats all one can say, if you like the artists then buy it, thats what i like about it. For once its an album filled with all good songs.
on 2 May 2014
Good mix of songs, some that are on a lot of other eighties mix albums but what drew me to this one was that it had some songs that are not often seen.
on 5 November 2013
This album brings back sooo many memories of my youth listened to it with my husband and he was naming the artists!! I love it x