on 14 March 2014
Having presented my wife with an iPad Mini, the different operating system & other novelties caused some head scratching, so it was off to the local library to get on the waiting list for this publication, which turned out to be for the older model iPad. We then found this version and it arrived with the usual Amazon celerity. It is proving a useful interim Bible until we master the amazing little iPad.
on 2 April 2014
Excellent book. Bought it along with my new mini iPad and although that contains an online manual, the book has provided invaluable help and useful tips. Very easy to understand and would recommend to anyone who has never used an iPad before.
on 28 December 2014
A Recomended read. I invested in the ipad mini for Dummies after having my mini ipad for a year.
I am a person in my 50's and all my computer learing is self taught through reading at my own pace. The Dummies book is in color, has basic training and has more advanced learning. The ipad mini is so small, light and portable. This book is of great help, I have learn't so much.
on 14 November 2014
I've used others of the "For Dummies" series and found them very helpful. Just the same with this one. Early days but the material is well presented in a very easily understood way. It has certainly helped this Dummy get to grips with the technology.
on 22 April 2014
When I bought my Mac I also bought Mac for Dummies, which has proved almost useless and never successfully answered any question I posed. However this book is completely different and has managed to solve all my problems so far; hence the 4star rating as it may not prove 100% in the future! Therefore, so far, good value for money.
on 27 May 2014
Well written on all aspects of the iPad mini and useful for future reference as well as a basic introduction to the iPad mini.
on 4 October 2014
I purchased this book which is the second edition and covers IOS 7 a short time before the IOS 8 update which includes quite a few changes. As an introduction for a novice it is fine but wish I had an edition that covered IOS 8.
on 4 June 2014
Bit too technical for a true computer dummy such as my wife! For me, quite a good book but I didn't need it!
on 18 July 2014
Still in the process of reading this, but it looks reasonably helpful. Immediate reaction: I could do with a list of the symbols on the displays and what they all do in the different contexts.
on 16 July 2015
Great book for the likes of me.
I'm not from the Computer Worl but this book, was really na great help,.