on 12 May 2014
Fits well, seems quite sturdy. A few minor design details that bug me, the case itself has the magnetic strip on the outside, rather than inside as the iPad cases would have. This makes the cover not perfectly flat, and the clips of the outside could scratch something if it's left in a bag.

The magnet could barely hold the stand together when it was in "stand mode". meaning that at first I was very weary to trust it, and on one occasion it flopped face-first onto the table. The stand sits at a higher angle than is shown in the promotional shot.

Despite these points, it's a really good case, and It's very low profile, I haven't felt a need to take the case off at any point, it's very light also, and barely adds to the weight of the Tablet
on 13 August 2012
This case is almost spot on, for me. The Nexus fits nicely, if a little loose, and the cover provides plenty of protection and the magnetic catches hold it well enough. There are two magnets, one each in the top and bottom corners. On mine the top one held much more firmly than the bottom one, but that was good enough. The cover folds back and turns into a stand with two positions, one at a low angle for typing and one and a steeper angle for video-viewing. The included stylus works OK, although I'm not sure how much I'll use it. Having a holder for it on the case makes it more likely I'll use it, I guess.

My main complaint is with the operation of the magnetic sleep-wake function. It does work, but only if the nexus is in the right position, which it won't stay in due to the looseness of fit. I found using a couple of pieces of the foam packing to pad the case and remove the looseness worked wonders. Put them below the bottom of the tablet forcing it to sit higher in the case and the sleep-wake function should work every time, and they don't show. Having the nexus sitting this high in the case means it can be just a little tricky to pull down the notification window, though.

Overall, for the price, this is a great case. The looseness of fit and the effect of that on the sleep-wake function is the reason for 4 stars instead of 5.
on 23 August 2012
This product does the job - your tablet will be protected, and it doesn't get in the way of using it - everything is easily accessible. It's also pleasing to look at and hold - the quality seems good.

The stylus lowers the tone a bit - I guess they felt they had to put something in the stylus loop. Just throw it away if you don't like it. It's not like it affects the value for money equation much.

The magnetic on off works well initially, but the fit becomes a little sloppy over time, and then the alignment isn't good enough, and it's unreliable.

Overall, the case adds a lot of bulk to the tablet.
on 2 August 2012
I think this is a great case.

I will start with the negatives:

- The Nexus 7 doesn't fit completely square in it but at this price who cares, it's just 'a little off' and that's all
- I would be a little easier if there was a slight recess in the edge of the case where the power and volume buttons are to make it easier to press them

That really is all the negatives done with.

It's a great case, here's the pros:

- It doesn't muffle the speakers
- The mic can still pick you up
- It comes with a stylus and a screen protector (I don't bother with screen protectors myself but there's one in there if you want it)
- It's got a nice feel to it and it protects the whole device
- The magnet in the case is spot on and turns the screen on and off when I open and close the case

For £8 delivered to your door you cannot go wrong, even if you are sizing up a special or fancy expensive case, grab one of these while you are deciding to keep your Nexus protected. This protects my Nexus 7 while it's getting thrown around inside my bag as I ride my motorbike to work.
on 5 September 2016
One of the fastest tablet I ever owned atleast 5 years ago this was, untill I got my first smartphone
on 13 August 2012
ok update to my previous review, ignore that one it was a faulty case ( must of been a different one entirely didnt even look the same)

Turns out this is a very good case, it fits the nexus perfectly, nice and snug, the camera can be used in the case, theres cut outs for everything you need and it looks stylish too. the auto sleep feature does work quite well, listen for the nexus make a click sound to make sure its switched off. the cover as a stand works well although can be a little awkward to get in place.

The reason its losing a star though is because although the case does stay shut, it does have a small gap half way along the top of the cover, its not a huge gap but it personally bugged me abit, for this price its not much of a bother, ive just got black elastic around it until i can add some velcro or a button. But when you buy this case, ( which I recommend doing if you want a good cheap case) then be prepared to live with the small gap or find a way to make it close.

If you have a case that has more problems contact the seller, they were very good at getting a replacement product to me and offered me it straight away ( arrived within 2 days) there customer service gets 5 stars from me
on 20 July 2012
This is a decent case for the price. It has a nice design with a a slot on the back to turn the case into a stand, which works well. A bonus with the case is that it comes with a stylus and screen protector which are useful. Bad points with the case is that it is a little big and not a tight fit, so the nexus 7 does move around a bit and the camera ends up being blocked by the frame of the case. But I fixed this easily by cutting a strip from the foam insert and putting it at the bottom of the case to keep the tablet in position. Also, the "Magnetic sleep" does not exist. The magnets are not in the correct location. This does not bother me as I just wanted a case to keep the Nexus 7 protected.
on 5 September 2012
Fantastic value, great product quality, excellent speed on all levels. My only gripe is the ear phone connection, when I connect the phone into the socket I get a lot of 'scream' feedback in the my ear pieces, I have tried other ear phones and the sound is still there. It's a pity really because it does tend to spoil what is a brilliant product.

The black leather case was not bad value but a tad on the expensive side although the Stylus is very good for the touch screen
on 7 March 2016
Some good features, which my husband liked, but it stopped working after 18 months but my tablet (another brand) is still going, lasting over twice the length of time
on 9 August 2012
The first case I was sent held the tablet loosely so it would slip around and not stay straight relative to the case, Also the sleep magnet was about an inch too high so didn't work.

I emailed sunny saver and they sent a replacement straight away which is a perfect fit (The case is noticeably smaller by about half an inch vertically and horizontally and the tablet is held perfectly straight without any possibility of slippage), the leather effect material looks much nicer and the magnet is in the perfect place. Really High quality case, the first one I was sent not was disappointing.