on 28 March 2015
Works perfectly, comes with a small philips screw driver and 2 little screws along with screw threads to secure the drive. If you are trying to add a second hard drive to your mac I would recommend this product even if you have no experience. All you have to do is remove the bottom panel of your macbook pro, lift off a few of the connectors that pass over the cd drive and remove the 3 screws that secure it to the case. Following that you should be able to swap out the cd drive with this nifty little gadget just pop in the hard drive, click it into the socket and add the plastic tab which holds the hard drive secure. (I haven't found any other hard disk caddys that use this so this one is worth it) Then tighten down the 2 side screws, all the back from your old cd drive and fasten it into place with the connector attached and you are pretty much good to go.

I would recommend watching some online videos if you haven't done it before as you could break something if you are careless. I would also point out that if you are adding an SSD, put the HDD into this caddy and replace your HDD with the SSD, thats because on a macbook pro the cd drive only uses a 3gb/s bus rather than a 6gb/s.
on 3 November 2014
Although this caddy is very high quality,the casing is of aluminium construction,and strangely its listed as a MAC accessory,the caddy holds the drive fine etc,however be aware you are left with a ugly hole at the front with no trim plate,the trim plate provided does not work.
on 20 August 2014
Reasonable quality for the price, aluminium not silvered plastic, fits ex- iMac DVD drive well and works just using supplied usb cable, BUT.... The supplied bezel is only good for blanking off the opening, won't fit DVD drive leaving mechanism exposed: looks shoddy.
Shame.
on 28 May 2015
Does exactly what it is supposed to. Even works in a regular laptop. Since my Macbook died, I placed it in my spare Dell and it does a super job. just a shame the faceplate from my dell optical drive doesn't fit onto it to close the hole that now exists in my laptop.
Lack of instructions for how to assemble this product is a shame,but youtube has all the answers nowadays,i bougth from amazon uk and received a package from amazon.es,dont know how it was possible yet i am satisfied as now i can use 2 disks at my macbook,built quality of it is of course reasonable,it's a chinese product obviously.
on 7 February 2015
I bought this product 3.5 months ago. I used it twice and it was ok at the beginning. Two weeks later I tried to play dvd through it but the dvd couldn't start and I got the message on my computer that my device is not recognised or malfunctioned. I tried to use it with both cables, inserted different dvd drives with no difference. When I insert dvd drive directly into my laptop it plays perfectly. I will try to get the refund or replacement just to see what the seller has to say.
on 19 March 2014
The caddy does the job. Screws were a bit awkward, but fine. Just to let everyone know, it comes with a screw driver to tighten in the screws on it. It works fine for that. But when you go taking out screws on your MacBook do not use it. I used it because it was in my hand at the time (even though i had my good screw driver kit beside me). I ended up ringing a screw with it and i spent 4 hours trying to get the ringed screw out. It is a very cheep little screw driver. Use good tools doing any operation
on 29 March 2014
Not much to say really. Solidly made, comes with mounting screws for the hard drive already in place (you'll need to unscrew them to fit the drive but not actually remove them altogether).

The holes for the screws attaching the mounting bracket from the old super drive aren't quite an exact match for the threads on the screws but will work if you are firm with them.

Comes with a screw driver the right size to handle the mounting screws and phillips screws in the mac book but you will need a Torx T6 driver to remove the old drive from your Mac Book and fit the caddy. You can pick up a driver set for a couple of pounds on Amazon at the same time.
on 19 February 2013
Fitted well in my late 2006 15" Macbook Pro. Installed a SSD in the place of the HDD, and placed the HDD in the new bay. Now i have a faster computer and more HD space in the laptop.
on 5 May 2014
Good neat case, cable could do with being longer and cover plat needed adapting to fit my Asus bluray player. Other than that its doing exactly what's is supposed to do.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse