Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.75

on 25 August 2013
Let the flood of emotions begin. When I read Lost & Found earlier this year, I immediately fell in love with Jesse and Rowen. In fact, I ended my review with the hope that there would be a sequel. Then, only a few days later I found out that Nicole Williams had in fact announced she would carry on their story. I was overjoyed.

However, I knew what this meant. It meant that Jesse and Rowen were going to have to face some tough times. I tried to mentally prepare myself for these challenges. I even gave myself a five minute pep talk before I started Near & Far. Having faith they would get their happily ever after, I just knew there would be some heartbreak and tears to work through first. Little did I know that all of my preparation would not even come close to getting me ready for the emotions I experienced while reading this. How I survived I will never know. But one thing is for sure, the heartache and pain was so worth it.

"Loving someone as much as I did Jesse meant the darkness of the world seemed so black I never wanted to walk out the front door. Around every corner was some terror threatening to take away what I held most dear."

Rowen. She continued to grow into the type of woman that is worthy of Jesse. I never had doubts about this, but I knew at the end of Lost & Found that there was more growing up to do, and a lot that they both still needed to face. I am happy that I never felt like she wavered with her love, as I was scared that this was what was going to happen in the sequel. With Rowen away at college, I was nervous her head would be turned by another art student. But, she stayed true.

"For you, I'm a weak, weak man. I'm so weak for you that you could break me with one word. You could end me with one look. You could ruin me with one touch."

Jesse. Ride 'em cowboy. I have and always will love Jesse Walker. The man is quite simply one of the most down to earth, romantic, sweet and caring characters I have ever had the pleasure to read. I honestly believe that my Kindle copy is more highlighted than not. He has some of the very best lines, and there is never a doubt of his feelings for Rowen. Opposites may very well attract, but it has always been something more to their bond. Jesse's love for Rowen is almost too much. It completely blinds him from what is going on around him. He doesn't see anybody other than her, even if that means he is completely oblivious to quite obvious flirting by others. However, once he realizes what is going on... he is right there to put a stop to it. Ever the gentlemen.

I would say we learn the most about Jesse in this story. In fact we learn way more about his childhood growing up than we probably wanted to know. It is dark, disturbing, and quite honestly broke my heart. If you didn't have love in your heart for this man before (even though I can't see how you couldn't already), then you will do after reading about his past. It broke me, and made it easy for me to understand the darkness that Jesse is continuing to fight.

"She's managed to bust free from the weight of her past to get on with her life. She'd grown, evolved, and was setting the world on fire. I, on the other hand, was digressing, shrinking, and setting myself on fire."

The ending was beautiful. The only thing that got me through their problems was knowing that there was no way that Jesse and Rowen could not end up together. Their love was something that was never in doubt. It was just them trying to work through all of the external issues that were being thrown at them, and their own issues from the time before they had each other to lean on.

And now, we have Finders Keepers to look forward to. Yes, that's right.. Garth Black is getting his own book. I am so excited about this. Getting into Garth's head is going to be an enlightening, yet probably pretty frightening experience. I am hoping that we get to see a little more of Jesse and Rowen. I know this is probably greedy of me, but I would like to see what they are up to, so even a little peek would be great. Garth is one of those characters that you start out disliking, and grow to love. That is very much the case, as by the end of Near & Far, I was loving him so much. He really stepped up to the plate when it came to being a friend to both Jesse and Rowen, and now it's his time to find his own happily every after.

"It's time you start thinking about what you think you can't live without and what you actually can't live without."

Christine
Rainy Day Reads
on 14 September 2014
I sort of kinda knew that this was not going to live up to the first edition of this story.
I am still not sure that I prevaricated over finishing this book because I didn't want it to end, or I didn't get into it, but it took me a while, and I actually read (and finished) another short book in the meantime.
Our star struck lovers are separated and absence is not necessarily making the heart grow fonder.
Jesse and Rowen know that they want to be together and there is no-one else in their lives for them (even meddling Jolene!!) but they are struggling to make it all work. Having a long distance relationship is taking it's toll.
I suppose Jesse could not keep up the "good to everyone" act for ever and he sort of turns a bit weird in this book. Having flashbacks to what happened to him in the past - it sort of doesn't add up that this all happens at this stage in his life? Sort of seemed a bit random - and what were the chances that his past would catch up with him, and via the person he believed really was his future.
Don't want to give too much away.
Still a great book - but I guess I loved the romance and the togetherness that Jesse and Rowen had, and being apart, I just missed the dynamic of their blossoming relationship.
on 22 April 2015
This had my heart hurting. So much pain and angst the pair of them had to suffer. I hated jolene from the start...evil! I can't seem to warm up to Josie either. I want big of them to disappear and never come back.
This was intense, harsh and inevitably sad at times but such a great read.
on 13 July 2014
Loved it, again could not put the book down. Jesse and Rowan are well matched each understanding each other very well. Knowing when one was hurting and wanting to help the other as much as they could. Nicole is a very good writer keeping you interested in the story line and believing in the characters. Have already downloaded Garth's story which I hope is as good as these two have been.
on 24 July 2014
Near & Far is the 2nd book of the series and it picks up with Rowen & Jesse trying to make their relationship work long distance. I enjoyed this book, there were enough twists in it to keep you interested and I liked how the author didn't go with the 'easy, everybody lived happily ever after' plot. This book shows that relationships need trust and communication & sometimes, hard work.
on 17 August 2013
Some books have the lovable bad guy. Some books have the troubled bloody man we want to save. Some books have the alpha male we want to dominate us! And then there's the wonderful, beautiful, heart melting Jesse who makes you feel warm and fuzzy. Their story was troubled but so great. I loved how despite outside admirers they only had eyes for each other, their love was uncontrollable, powerful! Their souls belonged to each other. Their love predestined, they were made to find and love each other, no matter what they had to over come to be together.....beautiful, loved both books
on 18 July 2014
Wow! An amazing sequel to Lost & Found! Would recommend buying this book if you couldn't put the last one down! A truly great tale of the ups and downs of long distant relationships and how friends are always needed!
on 6 August 2013
***I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

After just finishing and loving Lost and Found I was excited to be able to move straight on to Near and Far, and hope that I wasn't going to be disappointed, and I wasn't I loved it just as much if not more.

Near and Far pick up a few months after Lost and Found ended, still deeply in love all is going well for Rowen and Jesse, but having to deal the hurdles of a long distance relationship starts puts some stress and pressure on their relationship, and they have to find a way to deal and work through them.

"SOMETIMES LOVE WAS about compromise, and sometimes it was about sacrifice. Most times, it was a little of both. I had learned that the trial -and - error way" ~ Jesse

Rowen has now moved to the city, she is studying and making a name for herself in the art world she loves it, as it's her dream to become an artist. She has made some new friends and it's great to see the new confidence Rowen who has grown so much since the first time we meet her. She loves Jesse with all her heart he is everything to her.

"What bound us together couldn't be seen or put into words. It was invisible. No word had been created for it. Fate, destiny, true love, soul mates was glorified, commercial terms that fell flat. I ascribed few words to what we shared, but one word I could, one word I felt the moment his fingers laced through mine, and that was...eternal." ~ Rowen

Jesse is still as wonderful as before. Still very supported and protective of Rowen, he wants her to pursue her dreams, doesn't want to do anything to hold her back. But, Jesse has a dark past, he is fighting his own demons, on the surface he is trying hard to keep it together, but fear and nightmares about his early childhood are coming back to hunt him. While Rowen is the love of his life, these fears are making Jesse doubt himself, and his relationship with Rowen.

"I don't want her to know. I don't want her to be a part of it. I don't want her near it. I want her as far away from the poison flowing through me as I can keep her." ~ Jesse

The storyline had the drama and angst, it had a few twists and surprises thrown in, but for me it was far more emotional, more painful to read at times than Lost and Found. Told this time from not only Rowen's POV, but also Jesse, which is a favorite of mine. I think this book was more Jesse's story, Jesse's POV was powerful stuff, and I truly could feel the intensity of his feelings for Rowen. I found the parts where Jesse is talking about his childhood hard and emotional to read; my heart went out to him. I love how the tables were slightly turned in this story as it Rowen that needs to be there for Jesse.

"Fixed. Broken,"........."I'll love you either way. Just the way you love me. " ~ Rowen

Seeing more of the Walker family puts a smile on my face. Rose Walker I love that lady. I have to say I even warmth to Garth Black he made me smile as much as I didn't want to like him I secretly did. I love the banter between him and Rowen, and I was pleased to discover that he will be getting his own book as he has a story to tell, and I can't wait to read it. There were a few more new characters that added to the mix of the story, some that I wanted to punch, and others like Rowen's outspoken roommate Alex, I thought she was excellent, I liked her she made me laugh out loud several times, had some fabulous one liners.

"Fight for the things that matter- don't waste your energy on the rest" ~ Rose

"I'm not trying to comfort you, china doll. I'm trying to bitch slap you back to reality" ~ Alex

"I don't know much about these kinds of things".........But it seems like you don't fall out of love with someone because of their f*** ups. It seems like if you really love someone, you love them in spite of their f*** ups."~ Garth

Overall, I absolutely loved this book, loved the ending I was nervous for a while, but it had no cliffhanger, and I couldn't be happier as once again I was left with a big smile on my face. I was sad that Rowen and Jesse's story have come to an end but, I have the feeling that as Nicole Williams didn't write an epilogue, we might get more from Rowen and Jesse in the future or in Garth's story.

Near and Far get 5stars from me.
on 2 March 2014
I thought it couldn't get any better after lost and found but this was amazing. Was getting worried half way through that that relationship wasn't going to work and their demons take over but they fought throughout and won. Loved it.
on 22 August 2013
A fabulous 5 stars.

I loved the first Lost and Found and boy did I love this sequel. This book finds Jesse and Rowan trying to navigate a long distance relationship. I loved Jesse's character and he's more vulnerable in this book. Even Garth grew in me in this one! More!!