Top critical review
A potentially good plot totally ruined by improbable. Sorry
on 7 October 2017
I am going to be grumpy, ok? I bought the book after reading the sample and thinking:"The plot is interesting..let's read". And it was interesting until the pile up of horrible cliche and fantasies started. Judge for yourself:
- A highly trained FBI shooter misses the Hero (hmmm, all right, can happen once)
- The Hero (by the way, he is a criminal, assault, robbery and bodily harm if not murder) falls into a sloppy love with a baby at first sight
- Two more highly trained FBI operators miss the Hero in crossfire, kill his sister and get killed by him. No scratch on the Hero.
- The Hero gets easy access into a law firm handling all operations for a huge, wealthy, deadly criminal cartel with thousands of members (what??). He also walks away with $80K of criminal money unchallenged (what??????)
- The Hero gets another easy access into a house of the top cartel lawyer, survives the attack by a Rottweiler unscratched, kills the dog thanks to a convenient kitchen knife, and disarms the lawyer because he, threatening the Hero with a gun, forgets to take the gun off safety.
At this point I gave up and stopped reading. I like a good fast paced story, but not to this extent!