Customer reviews

After the Execution
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.79

on 7 October 2017
I am going to be grumpy, ok? I bought the book after reading the sample and thinking:"The plot is interesting..let's read". And it was interesting until the pile up of horrible cliche and fantasies started. Judge for yourself:
- A highly trained FBI shooter misses the Hero (hmmm, all right, can happen once)
- The Hero (by the way, he is a criminal, assault, robbery and bodily harm if not murder) falls into a sloppy love with a baby at first sight
- Two more highly trained FBI operators miss the Hero in crossfire, kill his sister and get killed by him. No scratch on the Hero.
- The Hero gets easy access into a law firm handling all operations for a huge, wealthy, deadly criminal cartel with thousands of members (what??). He also walks away with $80K of criminal money unchallenged (what??????)
- The Hero gets another easy access into a house of the top cartel lawyer, survives the attack by a Rottweiler unscratched, kills the dog thanks to a convenient kitchen knife, and disarms the lawyer because he, threatening the Hero with a gun, forgets to take the gun off safety.

At this point I gave up and stopped reading. I like a good fast paced story, but not to this extent!
on 2 March 2015
A highly implausible tale which includes a mock execution of a look alike who is a "dead" ringer for a master crook.

Promises are made to him about subsequent survival and protection, none of which are kept. Quite entertaining.
on 30 July 2014
WOW! What a book. Short but ever so sweet. The story rattled along at a break neck pace leaving you no time to breathe. It's a shame that work got in the way because otherwise I would have devoured this book in one day! Brilliant!
on 19 August 2017
Brilliant couldn't put this down stayed awake most of the night to finish it. Hope for some sleep now. Finished
on 17 July 2014
Yet another brilliant book from this author who I had never heard of before I downloaded stark warning which I read in one sitting. I have done exactly the same with this.
A man on death row being led to his execution and what follows is a rollercoaster of a read. I had an idea fairly early on how it would turn out, but did not expect what happened on the way.I have just downloaded two more and will be reading them as soon as I can. I could do with the books being a bit longer, but because of the length I don't lose too much sleep when I stay up reading!
on 20 January 2014
I can only repeat from the previous reviews and say that personally it is the best book I have read in recent memory.Never heard about the author before but now will read his other works.I won't go into the story as it has been described in previous reviews suffice to say It was a book that I could not put down,if i did then i just picked it up again to read more just to get to the next twist or turn
on 3 March 2014
the twist in the plot was unexpected, and kept one wondering how the various relationships and events would pan out.
on 13 June 2014
I was so engrossed in reading this absorbing novel that I missed my station on my daily commute. I would love to see this masterly tale transferred onto the cinema screen because the story-lining is so gripping and original that it would knock the shoddy fare being churned out by Hollywood right into the cesspool. Stark Warning by the same author is equally as good. I refuse to give anything of the plot away - other than to say - READ IT for yourself.
on 14 June 2014
Recently I have struggled to find a book that has really gripped me and made me want to keep picking my kindle up! This one did. The storyline was simple and easy to follow but the plot was intriguing. Yes it's far fetched and luck seems to always be on his side (nearly all the time), but I loved it.
This is far better than 'Malicious' another of James Ravens which I bought at the same time.
on 28 April 2017
A very good read, different from the average, who done it, great.