on 28 April 2014
Having previously experienced hum problems in the car when playing my phone through the car audio I ws delighted to find that, when using this charger, there was no noise or hum induced in the system. Recommended to audio enthusiasts. Also high output current always keeps device well charged even when in constant use.
on 6 February 2015
Does your Nexus 5 always run out of battery when you're using you're Sat-Nav whilst its plugged in?
The key is to make sure your cable/charger combination charges your phone using AC. To check what you're using at the moment, install something like "Battery Monitor Widget" and check the "Status" when your phone is charging (AC vs USB).

Mine used to until I invested in a decent cable (this one) and a decent charger (PortaPow 2.5A Universal Dual USB).

I still get a little interference in my speakers but no where near as bad as the other chargers I've used.
on 20 October 2013
I bought this car charger to replace a cheap unbranded charger.
It is well constructed and fits securely into the 12 volt socket. As you can see from the picture, it is quite bulky, so check that it does fit in the available space around the socket.
Being able to power two devices at high power makes this charger suitable for most if not all USB powered devices. (An adapter is needed for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1)
PortaPow also supply well constructed long USB cables is needed.

One problem: The blue LED on by the charging sockets is much too bright for night time use. I will be applying some black tape, or paint to cover most of it before using at night again. This is a shame for such a well made product, but easily rectified with some DIY - Hence the four stars.
on 4 November 2014
Great product. Much faster charge rate than any other USB adapters we've had to 12v / lighter socket in car with the added advantage of also being able to charge & USE 2 gadgets at same time (with others I've had they lose charge to the gadget if you're using at same time as charging, eg handsfree or if you are passenger using ipad etc). Really well designed - the square illuminated front makes it really easy to connect cables in restricted space and/or in the dark. This is the 4th different PortaPow product that I've bought and I've been really impressed with every one; highly recommend.
on 7 September 2015
I have two of these for charging devices in a caravan. They are great but if using them at night or in a car, be aware they do emit a rather bright blue light. It's not a problem for us and we actually find them useful as night lights.
on 23 November 2013
finally a car charger that has android quick charging built in (for the phone to draw more than 0.5A the two usb data lines need to be joined - this is why the 3pin wall chargers are so much quicker than charging from a PC or a normal car charger). So far it seems well built and reliable, and has caused to interference with my car radio after around six months. I'm probably going to get a second soon to keep as a spare.

My only concern, and the reason for 4/5 is that the blue led in the charger is far too bright, as mentioned by a previous reviewer. The charger is clipped together so there's no simple way to remove the led. I've resorted to electricians tape over the end, which works but isn't a very aesthetic finish. For something so well thought out, it's amazing that no one noticed that the led is far too bloody bright to use when driving at night.
on 25 September 2013
This product has solved the problem I was having with my Nexus 7 not being kept charged up in the car when doing a long journey and using the Nexus 7 continuously as a Sat Nav. However note that you also need a good high current cable. Most cables still do not give enough current. The Nexus needs over 1 amp at times to maintain charge.
on 13 December 2015
Seems to be an improvement on the last model, still changes well, but a bit smaller, and the led is less bright, so not so blinding at night. With the correct cables, it can charge a flat phone whilst driving with the screen and GPS on.
on 10 February 2014
I had to return the first one as it was causing a radio frequency interference with my car radio . got a replacement one which doesn't cause RF interference with all radio channels but seems to cause an interference with the Traffic announcements on one of the channels . I think its BBC Radio Kent.

+ve side -- it provides sufficient power to charge my Nexus 5 in the 1 hr drive that I do with google navigation on.
if not for the RF interference I would give it 5 stars.
on 13 April 2015
Charges my Z2 so quickly! Keeps the phone charge above the consumption even when I'm using it as Sat Nav, for spotify (downloading songs) and connected to my head unit via bluetooth. Oh and it doesn't over heat the phone like my Belkin one used to!