on 29 October 2014
Had this grip about 4 months and has been useful. However the charging connection is weak and I cannot now charge the grip without holding the cable pushed into the grip. Therefore it has to be said the structure of the grip is poor and does not last. I would not recommend the grip and would rather find a decent case for the phone and make it more compact.
I contacted TOTALLY DIGITAL STORES who I received it from, they just referred me to the Nokia warranty. Unfortunately there is no Nokia care point near me and the other option does not produce the grip as showing on the warranty site. It maybe if you purchase from a different shop/outlet the service maybe better but Totally Digital Stores do not provide any follow up service so definitely would not buy any device from them again.
4 people found this helpful
on 8 November 2013
It makes it a lot easier to take photos. You get a good firm grip on the Camera / phone
There is a hand strap that you can attach to your wrist.

It has a built in battery that boosts the phone's charge.

The only thing I wish it did have was a lens cap to cover the lens!
12 people found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 12 April 2015
This case is wonderful for the first few months - it makes the phone more like a camera in your hand (as in easier to hold when taking a photo one handed) allows for the phone to be attached to tripods or monopods and also extends the battery life of the phone thanks to its built in battery.

BUT, the micro-usb charging socket is not well made, it slowly becomes increasingly annoying in it's ability to maintain a connection to your charger and thus re-charge the built in battery. (It got to the point where it wouldn't charge at all for me!)

So, this is a great accessory for occasional use - but if you use it every day - you're going to wear it out within a few months!
2 people found this helpful
on 7 January 2014
Arrived on date stated, via Royal Mail, with tracking ability and informed every step. as the other reviews have said good color match to the phone (black in my case) now the real test will be when not at work using as a camera and will trial it on tripod for timelapse, only possible negative is that I feel Nokia could have missed a trick in the design but I will let them know my views directly. The supplier of this was the best priced and the service offered was fantastic. I would use them again.
**EDIT** I was lucky enough to be given a ticket for the BBC stargazing live yesterday and what a perfect opportunity to use the grip, videoing and stills were so much easier to capture, video in particular was a dream and the only wobbles were from me jostling for position in the crowds. Just a shame it was cloudy! nearly perfect product from Nokia.
2 people found this helpful
on 31 August 2014
This is amazing, works perfectly and feels great, only bad side, and i literally mean only is regarding how hard it is taking it out of the case, unless there's something i am doing completely wrong, the phone is very very hard to take out of the case, i guess this is a very good positive aspect since its pretty securely attached in there but can be pretty stressful if your constantly changing and im sure it'll leave scratches if its done on a daily basis. on the other hand, the case allows the phone to also stand horizontally and vertically up straight or on the side like a stand and comes with a pretty nice wrist strap which is ideal, it dosent come with a cable. the feel is absolutely great and the finish is perfect.

However!!! when i received this product, it didn't have any manuals and the camera grip was used ever so slightly since i could see the grip rubber worn out a bit. not happy at all with that sorry. good product, bad seller.
on 16 March 2014
so this is a worthwhile investment. Makes the camera function a lot easier to use, has an extra battery so recharges are fewer, protects main phone and also functions as an upright stand.
I leave mine on all the time, makes camera slightly bulkier and heavier, but a price worth paying (by me at least) for extra battery life etc and stand function...and its same colour as phone!
6 people found this helpful
on 3 March 2018
As "case" hard to find, it makes my 1020 complete, together with the magnetic GorillaPod I added. Good build quality, firm holding of the phone and it makes snapping photos so much easier.
The additional 1020mAh battery improves the phones battery by 50% - which can be a life savior when you need it the most.
Great product - I gladly recommend it for any Lumia 1020 owner.
on 11 July 2014
Brilliant, BUT, I disagree with their claims over battery life AND with the Grip Case in place you can't turn the Nokia off.
You switch it off, it powers down, switches off....and then powers up again. Most annoying when the phone goes in the early hours of the morning.
Problem easily solved by taking the Grip off. BUT I could see that leading to the grip wearing out/breaking as it IS fiddly to get off.
I recommend the PD-95G to 1020 owners who love the camera as I do.
One person found this helpful
on 1 July 2014
When I first got my Nokia Lumia 1020 I knew that this would be an accessory that I needed. After a lot of searching, Amazon was the cheapest retailer for this piece of kit, however, both the white and black versions were significantly cheaper. The price changed daily on this item and I eventually got if for just under £44 (at the time the white one was around £33 - guess yellow is the popular choice).

The colour of the item perfectly matches the phone and is a perfect fit as expected. I was disappointed that the wrist strap is black and not yellow but that is a minor complaint.

It looks good and does what it's supposed to - acts as an extra battery, allows you to hold the phone like a camera and can be used on a Tripod! That's it. Does all of that perfectly.

On the con's side, there are a few things to note.

1) it doesn't come with a charger - you are expected to use the one that came with your phone
2) although called a "case" it doesn't really offer much protection as both your screen and camera lens are open to the environments at all times
3) re number 2) as this effectively turns your phone into an expensive camera, it would've been a nice if it came with a soft camera case to compliment and protect the phone
4) as there is no SD Card Slot on the phone, it would've been nice to have had one on this to back up all the great pictures you can take with your phone/grip combo

One final thing of note is that about a week and a half after buying, I discovered that Nokia are giving them away free if you go onto their website and register (for a limited time only). £44 down the drain!
on 3 April 2015
I had had one of these on order for a long time which amazon were unable to supply, so when I saw this at a good price I wondered if the order would be fulfilled, I should not have worried, the item was supplied in original packing and delivery was very quick, Anyone with a 1020 phone knows how great the camera is and this is a great asset for taking photos , the extra battery is an added bonus, really pleased with the purchase.