on 22 November 2016
I found this book fab...it makes you sit up and think about what your doing with your life..so girls I finished my book in bed tonight with no red wine in my body ....that's a first for me in a very very long time...I have started my journey...wish me luck..get the book it will help you .....
on 19 August 2013
Written by two women with personal experience of the damage alcohol can do in our lives I found it insightful, honest,easy to read and a real encouragement.
on 2 February 2018
Totally got me started and through the first 6 weeks of sobriety. Am now 5 months in and can't believe how easy it has been with the help of this book and the other by same authors. I was the life and soul of the party, reached for the bottle at the first trigger of stress/upset and had my husband to encourage me to do it! He still drinks but a lot less and from being sceptical actually says "You don't need to drink! (to be life and soul/giddy)" I'm also the taxi now so it's all good. I fully recommend it and being sober is the new black don't ya know?!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 September 2013
I bought this book as I am interested in the relationship between women and alcohol in society at present. I found it an interesting read. It is focused towards women who have an uncomfortable relationship with alcohol and may be seeking help with this. It offers help and support to those who think that they may have an alcohol problem and is responsibly and empathetically written. In this aspect it is an important book. It is important that women do not feel alone when they turn to alcohol for emotional support and are offered help and advise in an unpatronising way. This book succeeds in doing this.
on 4 November 2015
I cannot thank the authors of this book enough. They have finally helped me to make the step into a sober life. Every woman that is hitting the wine bottle (or any other bottle filled with ethanol) should read this.
It made the one thing clear for me, you cannot simply cut down on the alcohol. After reading this book I am excited to commit to a sober life. Every time when I was cutting down I fell into the same alcohol trap again. Jason Vale and Allan Carr explain very well the what a con alcohol is but this book tells you why you cannot go back to it. Ever. And it gives you lots of personal stories of woman and hidden in them are all the clues you need to commit to the sober life.
On top of it all it will give you a new self-worth as a woman. The sober revolution.
Thank you Sarah, Thank you Lucy!
on 5 May 2015
Excellent for breaking the barrier of drinking. Some alcohol self help books are so underpinned by religious themes and suggest without this sobierty is unachievable. The individual stories are the highlight of this book and each and every person reading it I think would be able to recognize a part of themselves in at least one. I saw parts of myself in at least three. It is so pleasing to read of the extreme positives of not drinking this foul sewage called alcohol , that almost makes you want to buy that miracle potion which guarantees you the perfect figure and face no matter what the cost.
on 4 October 2017
Started off great lots of self awareness advise, couldn’t make it past half way through, being told constantly you have no real true self worth unless you give up drinking completely became tedious and tiresome. Conditions being placed upon your self worth is not healthy and not helpful, you will simply end up feeling WORSE than before. Any ANY change you make to moderate your alcohol consumption if you have real concerns should be recognised and celebrated not just banging on about complete sobriety.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 November 2017
This is a great book for anyone struggling with alcohol addiction, or anyone looking to quit drinking to improve their life.

It takes on the issue from a woman's point of view, but I found it just as valuable as a man.

It's honest and inspiring and I would recommend it to anyone.
on 17 December 2016
Informative, clear, well written and full of helpful information. There are many resources listed that will also help anyone looking to make a change.
on 19 January 2015
Great read . Read as many as you need to read in your journey to staying sober . These authors are here to help you and I ..Good luck to YOU ..the reader of this review ! you're here reading this because you know you have a problem as do I , so go for it , we're all rooting for you XX