on 4 December 2015
As the blurb suggests the book is the sharing of texts between author October Jones and his pet bulldog (alter-ego Batdog.) The texts range from keeping the neighborhood safe from the vicious enemy who might also be known as the Postman, and his arch-enemy CatCat. The texts are often sarcastic, tongue in cheek and tend to rely on Batdog causing trouble and his poor owner having to clean up the mess created.

What can I say, I am very easily amused and this book really captured the life of a companionship with a rather loveable although slightly volatile Batdog. We get to delve into the lives of the dogs being left alone to wreck/break/ruin household appliances, attack the neighborhood and general dog behaviors. There are around two hundred texts or so and many connect with other texts so it does feel like a story between the two rather than being written aimlessly.

It's a quick read and one that you flick through and then pass on for another to enjoy its charm. I think this would make a perfect secret santa present or something for wrapping up and popping in a stocking. It has the feel-good factor although not child safe - I will say that. The language although amusing and adds to the charm of the book sure isn't clean

There were a few scattered illustrations throughout, and we get a number of images of BATDOG which was a nice addition to the pages. This is the second book and it was nice to see a lot of original text as after looking at Amazon and Goodreads it seems that the first has a lot of repeated from social media. I really enjoyed reading this and will definitely be buying numerous copies and sending them to a number of friends I think will really find it amusing. It's a little silly, often hilarious and it's fun - what more could you ask for?
on 10 December 2013
I bought the first one last year for my 16 year old, I read it and had to dry my eyes several times. This year I bought this one for my now 17 year old, he told me when it was out and said he wanted it for Xmas, we couldn't wait so read it as soon as it arrived.

As above...again I was forced to dry my eyes and cross my legs, it is pure brilliant, be warned Dog has a friend this year and he is fantastic, I don't even have to read the text I just look at his photo and it sets me off.

October Jones...don't stop! I want to buy Text from Dog books until my lad is at least in his 30's.

Well done!
3 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 November 2016
A simple premise of texts between an owner and Cooper, his British Bulldog along with his dog's alter-ego BatDog. A bit hit and miss but more hits than misses in its 112 pages and a fun book with some great situations. This started out on Twitter and Tumblr but includes many texts not seen online.
on 21 November 2013
Having loved the first book, this was always going to be something I ordered. The books are hilarious, it's the sort of humour that seems to appeal to everybody and sits on our coffee table for anyone to pick up. The only thing I would say - as others have - as with all sequels, 'The Dog Delusion', although brilliantly funny in it's own right, isn't quite as good as the original book.

Still five stars without a doubt though!
One person found this helpful
on 6 November 2016
Bought this as a present for my Father (who has exactly the same sense of humour). I know you can read all the jokes online now, but it's nice to have a physical book to flick through. The only trouble is, we have to listen to the same conversations over and over again!
on 14 November 2012
I have been following texts from dog on tumblr and I have been eagerly awaiting this book.

When the book was announced, the new tumblr content dropped off, so I have been waiting for the book to get my fix!

This book is a mix of new and old material, but it is well mixed up and well worth reading cover to cover. As other reviewers have pointed out though, there are some repetitions which is a bit disappointing.

Overall though, I laughed out loud a lot, and thats got to be worth the money.
on 11 February 2014
I bought this because I was a fan of the Facebook page, and I am glad that I did because it meant that I was able to share it with other people who don't use the social networking website.

At first I was a bit disappointed because too much of it seemed familiar, however I soon changed my mind when I read things that I had forgotten about, and they seemed even funnier than when I had first read them. Definitely worth seeing them in print.
on 29 December 2012
'Santa' left this book in my 12 year old sons stocking. Silly Santa didnt check it was suitable beforehand, having just flicked through a few pages and guffawed with laughter in the bookshop, ahem, I mean North Pole. This is an hilarious book, but it does have some choice language you might not want your 12 year old to repeat. Mine is under pain of death not to repeat some of the ruder texts from Dog. If you are feeling a little low post festivities, get this book to make you smile, laugh out loud or exclaim 'OMFG!'
on 4 August 2017
I have been a fan for a long time and this edition hasn't disappointed. Makes a good coffee table book to flick through.
on 23 March 2014
After reading the reviews I thought I would buy it.. Some of these are quite funny, others I found just turning the pages and reading. Being an avid internet user(!!) some of them I have seen similar on the interwebs already so didn't find as funny the second time. Don't think I will be reading again, but killed some time! :)