Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.90

on 29 October 2015
Aid's gang do it again !!
Brilliant performances, great originality as ever, real treat - the Shepherds really do deserve more recognition - truly one offs, who never fail to push the boundaries and deliver a unique 'product' ......... great sounds from a gem of a group.p
on 15 September 2013
It's great that the Shepherds are back! This isn't as striking as I found the others, but the songs all grew on me very quickly. As with all Shepherds albums, they bring new resounding meanings to the lyrics of punk standards, althought this album goes a little beyond punk and into ska and folk. The Lunatics have Taken over the Asylum is a real masterpiece. I'd buy one of their others if you're looking for an entry point to their music though. Well done Ade for winning Masterchef too!
on 28 October 2013
Apart from Ade's iffy start to Our House, another excellent album from the Bad Shepherds. Mud Blood & Beer takes you right back to punk's heyday and the rest of the album is simply beautiful! Who'd have thought punk songs could be described as beautiful but they simply are!
on 19 August 2013
Having just recently got into The Bad Shepherds , being a Punk of the late seventies and early eighties I was eagerly awaiting this album and having now listened to the tracks I'm delighted with it. Some are better than others but then that's what we expect. To me No More Heroes is superb and I even like their own two songs at the end and there not even punk. Could never imagine Ade to have such a good voice and he reminds me a bit of Hugh Cornwall in that the lyrics are said not sung.
on 20 August 2013
I have been playing this CD non-stop since I bought it, it is just as good as the last two CDs and was definitely worth the wait!
The Bad Shepherds have done some fantastic covers on 'Mud, Blood and Beer', an unusual but enjoyable cover of 'Our House' by Madness, a wonderful homage to Ian Dury's 'What a Waste', a nice short snappy cover of The Adverts 'Gary Gilmore's Eyes' and after hearing it live I was very glad the band had put The Stranglers 'No More Heroes' onto CD, These songs are just a few of my favorites. Edmondson and the Shepherds have written two of their own songs to accompany the others which round off the CD nicely and gives it something unique.
Going to see the band live in a few months and can honestly say that this CD has made me all the more excited, I've got high expectations now!
So just hurry up and buy it already!
on 19 September 2013
I was a bit sceptical of a 'Punk' comedian from 'The Young Ones' taking songs that I grew up with in the rebellious Punk era and doing them as Folk songs - was this a joke...?
...But when I heard them the answer is an emphatic "NO"!

They are fresh, well done and (where appropriate) fun and/or 'sensitive'.

They are great to hear again in this genre and it shows just what good songs they were in the first place - as Viv might say: "bloody brilliant"!!!!

P.S. There are a couple of original songs at the end which are OK too.
on 22 September 2013
Having already purchased the previous 2 albums, I was looking forward to this new offering.

In my opinion (and that of my wife's), is that, while ok, is not as good as the 2 previous offerings.

a "2" player I'm afraid and now consigned to the back of the drawer.
on 21 August 2013
Quality from start to the beer tent!!!!!!!!!!!! The most polished of the three albums thus far keep up the good work.
on 20 September 2013
Another excellent rendition of old faves, well worth the purchase. Ade and his gang have done it again. I have now got all 3 albums by the bad shepherds and cantvwsit to see them live again in November.
on 28 December 2013
Great album again from them ,saw them in cornwall on release of previous album ,was glad to hear some of the numbers they played then on this album, particularly [ the lunatics have taken over the asylum]