Customer reviews

1,648
CTEK MXS 3.8 Multi Functional 7-stage battery charger 3.8 A (UK PLUG)
Model Number: MXS 3.8|Change

on 14 March 2015
This is an amazing bit of kit! Being 'off the road' myself with a broken bone for the second time in 14 months, this charger has been indispensable to me. If I can make one further recommendation, I've just purchased a CTEK Comfort Indicator which gives indication of battery status and allows for extremely easy charging via a cigarette plug/or similar socket in the car. Car battery charging was never so easy!
In response to comment from Mikael B: checked with both manufacturers before charging this way. No adverse effects on car.
review image review image
on 28 August 2017
having made the decision to buy one of these (ctek multi mxs 10), it seems to live up to it's reputation, having charged the battery on my 2013 golf 2.0 tdi. which avaraged 70% charge according to the onboard computer, it went as high as 80%, which i was a bot dissapointed about, but then a 28 mile round trip took it up to 90%, something only usually achieved when i do the rare 250mile trip from london to north wales, and then not always (i'm guessing as it only goes up 10% at a time, maybe with another overnight charge i would get to 100%, who knows, also theres no proof of the age of the battery, it may be as old as the car (4years) and my avarage 4 mile roundtrip to work 5 days a week and the oocasional trip that barely goes into double figures daily.
on 19 October 2017
This is without a doubt the best battery charger I have owned...and I've owned a few! It works a treat, is really easy to use and is really light and compact. The battery reconditioning is a really useful function, as is the 'intelligent' charging process. A quality build and quality product, if you;re looking for a battery charger, look no further!

I Highly recommend the CTEK MXS 5.0 - once owned, you'll not bother with other brands!
on 4 May 2017
A superb charger. Not as cheap as some, but this is one of the best on the market - I've tried a few. It can be used for most types of battery and gives you indications of failing batteries as well as a progress LED informing you how the charge is progressing. It can be left on unattended (please read instructions) and will trickle charge when reaching the optimum for your battery. Worth the money.
on 7 June 2017
Oh yeah, the new paradigm in battery charging, conditioning, and reconditioning is here. Check out the Jay Leno's Garage video with the guys from CTEK. this is a pretty sweet system CTEK has developed and I'm thinking of buying a few of their other 'gadgets' like the cigarette lighter battery condition checker. I've already use this MXS 5.0 to reintroduce some vigour to the battery in my car. Quick delivery, too. Thanks!
on 8 June 2017
This intelligent charger is just what I needed. Having bought a new Mercedes last year I was surprised when the instruction manual told me that leaving the car for more than 4 weeks meant the car wouldn't start thereafter until the battery was re-charged. What it didn't say was that leaving the car for longer than that would wreck the battery. As I was on a long cruise not only would the car not start on my return but it required a new battery. The CTEK charger was recommended by the Mercedes machanic and it has proved simple and effective to use.
on 30 November 2015
Needed one of these as I got given a company car so wasn't using my own as much. As I've got a slight battery drain issue, I can't leave the car for more than 7 days before the battery has had it so I got a CTEK to save it.
I know it's technically masking the issue but I've not got the time or patience for a main dealer to find what the problem is and charge me an extreme amount of money to fix it.
I've left my car plugged in to the CTEK for around 2 weeks with no issues at all, I'm comfortable I could leave it plugged in for months on end, but I didn't by my car to sit there, I bought it to drive so I tend to use it at least once a week where possible.
The charger itself is small and light and comes with a good little bag for all the cables. A pair of croc clips is handy for spare batteries where hard wiring in isn't possible.
I've got the hard wire kit installed in my car with no issues. It sits neatly out the way when not in use and comes with a rubber bung to stop any water ingress from the weather or washing.
From a dead battery to fully charged takes on average 20 hours, maybe more. But I'm really pleased with it and would definitely recommend to anyone who has a second car.
on 27 April 2017
Excellent well proven unit.Easy to use and fits into a neat storage bag when not in use.
8no LED's indicate what stage the charging process is at during the charging cycle ie no more needle watching.Ideal unit to maintain the battery life on the vehicle that is not used much or possibly garaged up for the winter etc.Not the cheapest but worth the money.
on 14 April 2016
No problems with the working of charger but what was very poor was the length of both leads,especially
the lead from charger to battery,less than half the length of my previous CTEK charger.Consequently l
had to purchase a very expensive CTEK extension comfort lead ,not pleased.Please make leads longer
In future.
on 2 April 2017
Good reliable battery charger and the supply voltage function is great for a 13.3v supply when required or to help stabilize a battery during ECU flashing. The charger has successfully restored life into multiple batteries since I purchased it a couple of years ago and is now likely to become a battery charger within my camper conversion or another will be bought to replace it. Wouldn't hesistate to buy a Ctek charger once again.