on 24 October 2013
I wanted a green parka style coat for the winter but I didn't want some flimsy fashion coat that had no warmth. This coat is everything I wanted! Not only is it a parka style but it is fully waterproof, fleece lined and super warm. As someone with a long body I often find winter coats too short, but not this! The length is great and the double zip makes for a wind proof covering! Bring on the snow- I AM READY!
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 January 2014
I bought this coat after a lot of research into the different words used to describe it! It arrived very quickly and I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be warm enough because the package was about the same size as a A4 folder. I don't have a car and I get around everywhere on a mobility scooter, so sitting still out in all weathers I really feel the cold. This coat is very well made, deep pockets, covered zips and so light, it cant weigh more than a couple of pounds at best. It's good on sizing, I usually wear a size 16 so bought an 18 so as to be able to layer up underneath it. I really couldn't be more pleased with it, I took the dogs out for a run on the fields and got caught in a sudden down poor complete with howling wind. I stayed completely dry and warm the hood is deep enough that even with my hair in a pony tail my glasses still stayed dry. Great product worth much more than I paid for it.
on 26 September 2013
Really nice jacket, I haven't tried in the rain yet, but it's nice and warm. I bought a size 12 and I'm usually a 10, which gives a good fit when I'm wearing a few layers. Nice jacket, it looks good on.
on 1 March 2014
I purchased this as I was desperate for a waterproof coat for when I walk my dogs. It arrived promptly and on a day when there were torrential storms all over the country. I thought that if this coat managed up keep me dry through this, it would keep me dry through anything. I was out for three hours battling the elements, and when I got home I was chuffed that everything underneath my coat was dry. I am so impressed with this coat! It is good value for money, it does the job and can be put in the washing machine and comes out looking like new!
on 9 January 2014
It is always a risk buying clothes on line but I was delighted with this. Waterproof and wind proof,a secret pocket and hidden draw string to nip in waist. The coconut is a lovely neutral colour and the hood is fab. Can't actually find a fault with it. Perfect for long walks, shopping or the school run!
on 7 April 2014
Very disappointed with the coat as it wasn't a good fit at all. So I sent it back and had to pay £8 for return delivery. It would be better if the sellers make this more clear before hand. I wouldn't recommend at all
on 13 October 2014
completely waterproof, i wore it whilst walking for 20 minutes in an actually downpour & not 1 bit inside was the slightest bit damp. The outside completely dried by the time i put it back on about an hour later for another walk in the rain. In other reviews there have been complaints about the hood being too big but it has a velcro strap at the back so you can adjust the hood, also velcro on the cuffs to adjust the size there. The zip is fiddly as it is a double zip as a lot of coats seem to have these these days. They are very annoying but for some reason manufacturers seem to think they are a good idea.
Main pockets are a bit too low down, great handwarmer pockets - fleecy lined if you can reach them, has internal pocket & 2 2 chest pockets as well as a couple on sleeves.
Seems warm but hasn't been really cold yet.
Lost a star beacause of annoying double zip & low main pockets
on 10 May 2014
I bought the green, and its sort of an olive colour, darker than the illustration. The coat is quite neat fitting around the chest and shoulders, so you wouldn't be able to wear too much underneath, making it a mid season wear. The really cold weather might need something more, but this is England the land of four seasons in one day, so its really useful. I love the pockets, they're everywhere so there's no need to carry anything, leaving your hands free.
on 12 January 2015
ok, yes i love the coat.. im a size 10 and ordered a 12 so i can get a warm layer underneath as it is not warm in cold-cold weather.. its perfect for active people but wont keep you warm if youre stationary.. perfect fit! looks great, does the wind and rain with the dog.. BUT be carefull to do the zip up right and if youre getting in and out of the car use the bottom upsidedown zip or it will split open and get stuck!!! 2x in the 1st week ive had it.. but im making sure i get it right coz i doo like the coat and i dont want to send it back.. it is a £50 coat, just beware of the zip...
on 26 January 2015
Bought for my wife to keep the cold out while doing her dinner time duty at the school where she works.
She has had it for about a year now & she wears it almost every day, especially during the cold months.
It feels light to wear, but also holds the heat in very well.
She loves it.