Customer reviews

on 18 June 2014
I had been looking for a weather monitor ever since my old one died. This looked like a good deal, had all the parameters I needed, included software and even a 6V power adapter for the base station so I could avoid purchasing lots of batteries.
It arrived promptly and was well paked so I waited for a dry and windless day to erect it. I first connected all the sections together to test the functions (I didn't want to erect it at the end of the garden only to find that there was a problem). I noticed that the stylus that was listed in the contents was not supplied and I couldn't find a place for it on the base station either. Never mind, I had an old stylus so I used that.
Everything seemed to function so I installed the weather station on the stud pole provided. I then fixed this to a 6 foot aluminium cranked pole I purchased separately, along with a mounting bracket, at the end of the shed: I hoped that this would be high enough to avoid turbulence. The Jubilee clips provided to mount the weather station worked but weren't the easiest to use. I found setting the direction of the wind direction sensor a little difficult - I used a compass and twiddled the cranked pole until the direction was as close as I could get. (I really needed 3 hands for this).
Once installed everything worked very well except that the rain sensor sometimes records rain when it has been dry. I noticed that this happened generally on windy days when the pole shakes about, so it seems that the rain bucket in the sensor is affected by vibration. A bigger diameter (more rigid) pole should cure this.
The software was loaded onto a Windows 7 computer and functions well enough. One improvement I would like to see is a power adapter option for the weather station as well as the base station - getting up a ladder to change the batteries in the weather station is not my idea of fun and I have mains power in the shed.
All in all I am very happy with the purchase, it has survived strong winds and heavy rain, even some sunshine. I have not had any real problems and I would recommend this unit.
on 24 September 2017
I have finally discovered a way how to save on AA batteries :)
on 17 January 2014
Useful for the CM2016 if you are fed up with feeding batteries. The only downside being that attached cable means it is more difficult to alter settings.
on 23 May 2015
Does the job. A bit bulky so slightly unsightly especially if used with an adaptor. Much better than replacing batteries every 6 - 8 weeks.
on 21 January 2014
Works perfectly with the cm 2000 weather station nice little addition save on the batteries thank you would recommend this product
on 8 May 2014
Fantastic item to accompany our weather station and will cut down on battery use when we have found it's permanent location.
on 15 February 2015
One of the major flaws with weather stations is a good power supply so it's a great idea to use mains power over batteries
on 21 April 2016
Easy to install with a compass, giving accurate continuous read outs and extensive downloadable information
on 29 March 2015
See my review for the weather station. Yep. This is fit for purpose. Better than batteries.
on 26 March 2016
Does the job and saves on batteries. Arrived promptly with no problems