Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.96

on 5 May 2014
This is my second review of Sweet Escape. Previously I read it as part of the tour and hadn’t read book one in the series first, that was a mistake, I was left totally confused and had no clue what was going on. I have read ‘Sweet Oblivion’ now so here we go again!

Although I am more clued up on what is happening the names are so similar I kept forgetting which girls POV I had been reading and often felt lost and had to go back. New characters are introduced and the plots in both worlds are quite intricate, it wasn’t what I consider an easy read, it took quite a long time for me to get through, and I struggled to stay focused. I do enjoy fantasy, the possibilities are endless and the worlds created here are magical, exciting and fun, but I have to say this was one of the more challenging stories in the genre I’ve read of late.

I’m not sure if it is just me with this problem or if other readers struggled also, but different names could have made the reading so much easier. The idea for this story is so fresh and doesn’t follow the usual fantasy formula that for me it was let down by what is a simple fix. I will continue with the series and recommend it to other lovers of the genre.

Copy supplied for review
on 1 May 2014
Sweet Escape was a wonderful book, as well as an amazing sequel to Sweet Oblivion from the Sweet series. I absolutely loved it from beginning to end and can't wait to read the 3rd book in the series, Sweet Requiem.

There was definitely more shock factor in this book compared to the first one. I could not put it down. It had me surprised throughout the whole book, and wanting to read more. Everything about this book and series is just wonderful. It is very imaginative!

I love how the storyline doesn't go too fast, nor too slow. I loved seeing different sides of the characters I was already familiar with from the first book. It was nice seeing them from a different perspective.

This book, as well as the first one, was well written and I will definitely be buying myself physical copies of these wonderful books. I cannot wait to read Sweet Requiem, and I have to give this book 5 out of 5 stars! :)
on 2 December 2013
Just finished book 1and2 loved them both loved the characters by the end I knew them loved them and can't wait till book 3 I need to know what happens I need to believe that every struggle will be overcome because I loved all the characters if you like fantasy visiting other realms being lost in emotions following the journey of young love battles with evil you won't be disappointed
on 27 June 2014
this book is as good as the first, you feel that the way the characters develop and grow and struggle is true to life without being the usual teen angst, infact you forget they are only young adults at times ;-)
on 9 September 2013
excellent follow up to 1st book... can't wait for book 3 in the sweet series....what will happen back in the real world?
on 12 January 2014
Loved all the characters and story had me on the edge of my seat, can't wait for the third book