on 26 February 2017
Really didn't like it. Written for the American market for a couple with children who don't commute far if at all. The examples were not relative to uk people or schedules. No sign of any housework in the examples; or even paperwork and bills.
on 16 January 2017
I couldn't find much useful insight from this book. The quotes and examples have been randomly chosen. Especially if you are looking for any deep insights, this books fails to give that. One another thing that frustrated me the most was the spiritual examples and the quotes from holy scriptures. This is not a serious book. I only bought this because some lazy journalist at Financial Times referred to this in one of her articles.
on 23 January 2017
Read this as part of a business book club. They said it was short but I didn't realise how short! Glad I got this with my free Kindle credit for signing up as I'd be annoyed if I'd paid full price for it. However it is a good weekend read and has made me more determined to get out of bed earlier!!
on 30 April 2017
Quite basic but profound stuff to make your day productive - could be more useful with more live examples of great people
on 15 September 2013
Very short book (I'd have been annoyed to pay any more for it). Nothing here that individuals probably couldn't figure out for themselves, but reading how others have used their time better is a nudge to do a little better myself.
on 7 June 2016
28 pages. I counted them. I know the Amazon blurb says that the print length is 192 pages, but that is not what you get on your kindle.

You can tell that something is not right with the world when you are barely past the intro and your kindle is telling you that you've read 8% of the book already.

So what gives? I saw this book in its print version in a bookstore and it seemed to be more than 28 pages long. Has the Kindle version gone on a diet? Do print buyers get the Director's Extended cut?

As to the book itself, I can't help feeling underwhelmed. Apparently, successful people do stuff before breakfast. They go to work, run, meditate. If we want to be successful, we should do the same. That's about it.

Sorry, but no. I know that the title calls itself "a short guide", but there's short and then there's 28 pages. That is not a book. And it is most certainly not 192 pages.
on 3 November 2014
Rather than reading this book, just get on with what you are supposed to do.
on 1 September 2015
So to help you make a decision, I was looking for a book that could let me know about the lives of successful people so I could find patterns and try to imitate them and that is exactly what this book allows me to do. Be warned, it does focus on the mornings as the title states. This is exactly what i was looking for and it gave me a detailed insight into the morning routines of a number of financially successful people and I look forward to reading it a second time. I bought the book from somewhere else but I really encourage people to go for it.
on 7 October 2013
The premise of the book is fine. However, the execution leaves you feeling a little short-changed. It seems to be a series of essentially essay-type stories blended together around the idea that much of your time is flexible. Whilst this is the case for some middle/upper income young professionals, it's not really inspirational for those who have obstinately structured full-time jobs.

There was also a strong undercurrent of exercise, parenting and praying about the examples, as if the author had essentially tapped into a group of people who are almost wholly drawn from such backgrounds. Maybe its my British reserve, but this was an angle which jarred.

Nevertheless, it contained one or two helpful tips which is why it isn't less than 3-stars. Truth to tell, if you're drawn to a book with this title then the chances are your already engaged with most of the ideas here. For reasonably well-read self-helpers there's not much new.
on 28 December 2012
As per title. Short and to the point but no less simple and insightful - useable stuff if a little "motherhood and Apple pie".