on 3 August 2015
I bought this on a gamble as the negative reviews are plenty, however for a couple of quid I wasn't too worried about loosing it.
I chose the " open book like style" not the flip up one & I think this is where the negative versus positive reviews differ.
The flip one with the sealed bottom & top clasp must be the design causing issues & producing negative reviews as my book style one is perfect.
The iPod clips in without effort then folds over with the magnetic clasp keeping it firmly in place.
It's a tough case offering good protection & looks just fine. Material is basic, nothing fancy but isn't poor either. It's average & at just two quid including postage it's great value!
on 20 September 2014
We'd already bought one for our younger son's iPod 5. It was a bit too 'pinky' red for his liking, so they very kindly swapped it for an orange one, which he loves and it looks great on his white iPod. It feels good to hold and makes it non-slip.

Then our elder son also wanted one for his and ordered the grey which looks great on his Space Grey iPod 5.

Nothing will totally protect the screen if dropped on hard ground, but these look like they'll keep the iPod safely protected as well as any other similar product. They protect the casing and stand proud of the screen enough to protect it from most knocks.

Both kids v. happy and as very inexpensive for the quality of the product, so are we.
on 13 September 2016
Pros: Strong material, nice design
Cons: Didn't stay clean for long

Although this product had a great aesthetic and fit my iPod perfectly, after about a week of use it started to lose its bright colour and get dirty. Although it functions well, the quality declined quickly. After it started to look unclean, i tried wiping it or scrubbing it to get its colour back but to no avail. It could have been my bad for ordering a white case as I knew that this could have been the case. Apart from this, it's a good product and protected my iPod well, it also had textured sides which made it easier to grip. I would recommend but possibly another colour rather than this one.
on 10 March 2013
This is a great case, the screen protector had a scratch in it when received but in all honestly don't care about that. Stands up to wear and tear and recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap case.

EDIT 31/10/2013: Had this for a while now and I put it on when I don't want to put it in my big Griffin case. This case will last for ages. Top Job.
on 24 April 2016
The case works really well except one bugbear - if you turn the case back on itself (which I do when I use the iPod) the clasp isn't magnetic in reverse. This means the little clasp/flap springs forward and over the screen. This is a problem when the screen is free standing for watching films. The previous case I had had a magnetic fastening whichever way it was bent.

The camera is also slightly obscured, which is particularly noticeable when using the flash.

However, as a secure case for my iPod, I can't fault it - the fitting is nice and secure, and the case is strong.

Therefore it works well enough that I won't need to replace, but I won't buy this make again.
on 9 August 2013
I only really bought this for the silicone skin, the stylus is handy if you don't like getting finger prints on the screen, but I have to say the screen protector is UTTERLY USELESS. As soon as I peeled the side the said 'Peel this side before application', a tonne of dust just clung to it like a magnet (which is impossible to remove), so if placed on the iPod screen, the dust is visible and leaves a cloudy effect (and also hindered is ability to stick). So I just binned it. The cloth is a nice touch though. Despite all that the skin is well molded and is very grippy on the sides. I bought the clear version which is translucent for the majority of the back and non of the ports are obstructed. Overall very good for the price, just a shame about the screen protector.
on 11 June 2014
Does what it does, the only bad thing is what other people have said is its too of a good fit meaning that once its in , it wont damage the ipod trying to get it out but it really fits in there good , in a good way i suppose it wont fall out when moving it about going to the gym or where ever...

The hole for the headphones is slightly out but i got a pen and made the hole bigger and now the headphones are fine , the important part is the camera is 100% fine as my other case for my iphone 3GS has blur around the camera because the hole is not big enough.

10/10 recommend.
on 26 January 2014
Whilst the price is cheap, I found this to be very poorly designed. The hole for the headphones to go through is in the wrong place (too far towards the centre) and so I have had to cut a square big enough so that I can also bend the front of it back without it pushing my headphones with it. It does seem to be protecting it well enough although the inner case that holds my iPod is cracked slightly. Perhaps if it would have opened up to the side, it would have been much more practical and so therefore, better.
on 9 January 2014
The cover fits my 5th general perfectly and all the holes line up with those on the iPod. You can remove the cover fairly easily if you wish and without scratching the body of the IPod.

The sides of the cover are textured so it has a "nice" feel when you are holding it and you are unlikely to let it slip out of your grasp.

The fact that you also get a screen protector with it makes it excellent value for money. Would recommend.
on 5 January 2013
This product is amazing and exactly what i expected when i ordered the product.

The clear, wave pattern looks very good aesthetically and the colour of my iPod was still visible through the case- like i had hoped. There is a grip on the sides of the iPod making holding the iPod easier, but this does not deter the design of the case. Additionally, the case fits perfectly and the holes for the relevant sections are well positioned however some holes such as the holes for the handle and camera could be slightly larger or smaller respectively.

The extras of the stylus and the screen protector were a bonus that actually made me feel that the price was too cheap. In contrary to what other reviews have said, the case and the protector can be used together (it's better to put on the case and then the protector) and considering i had never put a protector on a touch screen before it was fairly basic (but annoying at the time). The stylus works, but is small and if you really want a stylus i would recommend getting a different one for this reason.

Overall, i am extremely impressed by the product and how quickly it arrived, which was earlier than expected; and i would highly recommend it to all who are looking for a fairly cheap but effective case.