Customer reviews

Fibre Flare Shorty Light
Price:£41.08 - £45.00

on 21 June 2017
Just the job to be seen when easily attached to one cycle helmet with suitable plastic ties
on 20 May 2017
it didn't work, tried new batteries but still no joy, so we sent it back.
on 5 December 2010
I think this is a must for cyclists, I have never felt particularly safe with my standard, 'legally required' front and rear lights because I don't think they give enough visibility for vehicles. I've also found that to be the case when I'm driving and see cyclists just with the bog standard lights; it just isn't enough.

I was really suprised at how thin and compact it is, I was expecting something as thick as your average bike pump. This is really easy to put on and equally as easy to take off although the instructions are a bit ropey, but it's pretty self explanatory if you just get familiar with the attachment slings and the light itself. There's also the added bonus of being able to attach it to your jacket/top if you have a back pocket on it; which therefore lights up YOU rather than just the bike so it would also be great for joggers or walkers.

I've noticed cars do tend to drive past me leaving a lot more space than they normally would do and are therefore more cautious, so obviously it sends the right message to drivers, it makes for a much less 'hairy' ride in a city centre.

It's definitely brighter than an average rear light, it's light so won't add any extra weight or bulk to your bike, it's flexible, but I haven't worked out why I'd need it to be flexible yet!
It's compact and doesn't hinder your cycling, wherever you might decide to put it on the bike,(no rubbing against your leg), it also seems it's also going to be very robust, the rubber covering the batteries on the top and bottom would prevent the light 'filament' from breaking.

I hope they make, or intend to make a front light version, because I think these are fab.
I inted to get at least two more.
on 6 May 2013
These are approximately 10 inches long they operate using 2 X AAA batteries one in each end of the light (under the black rubber cover) they are very bright in flashing mode and are ideal for hanging off a ruck sack using a cable tie on the zipper so that it makes you more visible when cycling.

Most of the cyclists where I live don't seem to bother with lights full stop they seem to think a hi-viz vest will stop them getting seriously hurt.

I always say you can never have too many lights.

Hope this helps someone
on 14 November 2011
got one of these about a year ago and i am very preased with how bright and versitile they really are,
i use mine on the back of my pannier rack (dont be afraid to bend it as this light is very flexable.)
still great but now you can buy them in green and white or if you want a half sized version
my only complaint is that my pannier bags are too big so i cannot use it with them on
but other than that get one or try one yourself at any bike shop.
on 26 March 2011
great to use as a rear light i have two, one fitted each side of my rear wheel. I cycle a lot at night because of my job, these lights ensure that motorists can see me. I would recommend to all cyclists.
on 7 February 2013
this can be easily fitted to clothes, panniers, rucksack or even to the bike itself. It is very bright and attracts attention because it is unusual. If positioned correctly it makes the cyclist very visible from the side - useful when passing T junctions.
on 18 September 2016
Right, I really really wanted to give a better score to this product - it's cool and I like it, however it has one fundamental problem. How and where am I supposed to attach it to the frame? It has two clips and two straps. Clips are useless for the frame, straps can go round a pipe. So...
1) It's a red light, and unless you really want to confuse (or distract) drivers it should go at the back of the bicycle. I would not recommend attaching it anywhere on the bicycle. White light go front, red lights go back.
2) There is no frame at the back, other than at the sides of the wheel. Chain stay is out of discussion, and the other pipe (I think it's called sit stay) on the road side usually has the gear cable.
3) A light at the side of the wheel in a low position will lose visibility. Even worse if there are mudguards, bags, etc.
So in the end it's a really cool idea, but (as the description states) this item is "specifically intended to be used in combination with regulatory coloured bike lights". I'd say unless you find a way to position it properly it can ONLY be used in combination with regulatory coloured bike lights.
On the positive side, you can attach it to your jacket or any backpack.
We'll see how it behaves on a daily commute under the Irish rain, will post more once I tried.
on 25 August 2016
Fab piece of kit, very bright and batteries last a long time.
This is very sturdy, well made and nicely designed.
It shipped with batteries.
I have also tried rechargeable AAA cells and they work fine too.
The blue light is very noticeable on dark roads or cycle paths and is visible from a remarkably long distance. I prefer the blue to the white or red versions, as it stands out more and gets you noticed better by motorists.

Battery life is good (I'm using the strobe setting) and I have still not had to change the original alkaline cells. Manufacturer's quoted Burn Time is supposed to be 55+ Hours (in Strobe mode)
The actual light emitting part is bendy and not too fragile and is visible from all sides, full 360 degree vision. The Fibre Flare has up to 20 times more illuminated surface area than regular rear lights, thus enhancing safety
Can be used almost anywhere: Bike Frame, Bike Jersey, Backpack, etc
Comes with 2 silicone attachment slings - these fit all Bikes, Frames, Clothing & Bags

dimensions:
total length: approx 25 cm
total length of blue light: 10 cm
width: approx 2 cm
on 22 September 2016
Don't waste your money! Mine worked for 3 months then inexplicably stopped working.

See one answered question