on 8 February 2017
This unit looks to be quite sturdily built, compared to some I've used. The supplied USB cable feels heavy-duty as well. I particularly need a powered hub because some of the devices I connect are too thirsty for bus power. The supplied power adapter and cable seem solid. One reviewer complained that the hub power supply was not of the advertised voltage, which is big deal if you want to use the hub with your own transformer, or in some other piece of equipment. I can confirm that my power supply is 12V as advertised -- or, at least, has 12V written on it. I haven't checked it with a voltmeter, but I'm happy to if somebody really needs to know.

I like the way this hub only has one lamp on it. Increasingly these things are like little Christmas trees, which is distracting, and a (minor) waste of electricity.

I'm using the hub with a Lenovo laptop, running Fedora Linux. So far, everything I have plugged into it has worked.

The supplied USB is exactly the right length for my application. This suits me, because I don't like a tangle of cables on the desk. However, I accept that it is short, compared to most common USB cables.
on 9 January 2017
I got one of these to bolster the ports on my exceptionally lackluster laptop work provided me, and, well, it's just what I needed. It was initially purchased it mistakenly thinking said laptop actually had USB3 ports on it, but sadly I was wrong. Regardless of this, it fits the purpose perfectly. In fact, it's so good I've ended up getting a stack of them for everyone in the office, as well as some more to use around the home, as I always seem to be running short on USB ports regardless of how many I have. So, to surmise, it's a very simple product, with a very simple purpose. Because of this, it works just perfectly, and I think, especially for the price, that this is a great little tool that I highly recommend.
on 6 September 2016
It looks nice and seems to be durable.
So far, everything works as required under Windows and Linux.

I have many USB devices and switching between computers was a pain.
This item made it sorted.
It keeps plugs tidy on the back of the device, which is a nice bonus.
2 power ports on the side of the device are great for more power hungry devices like DVD/Blue-Ray burners or external drives.

I didn't like a bright LED diode on the top, so I dimmed it with a dark CD-marker.
on 16 December 2015
When used with my 2012 Mac Mini all was fine until the Mac went to sleep. When it awoke the hub appeared to have crashed - nothing connected to it showed on the Mac. If I disconnected it from both Mac and power and reconnected it then it resumed normal functioning.

I've left it at 3 stars because A) Amazon were very good as usual about issuing a refund, and B) it may well work with other computers. It was a no-no with my Mac Mini, however.
on 14 May 2015
I've had this for almost a month now and for the most part i'm REALLY happy with it. Despite it saying you can't charge phones and tablets from the hub both Galaxy Tab and S4 charged perfectly well on it, so long as they're plugged into the 2 faster end sockets.

For price it's not to bad, a good solid USB 3.0 hub that does everything you want and need it to.

The only complaint i have is the blue power light, it's WAY to bright, it illuminates the room almost as much as my desk light, despite it being an LED. I've ended up having to taep over it with black plumbers tape as it was to bright during the night.

Other than that i be a happy man with this!
on 17 January 2017
It works very well, and great value for money, but for my needs it is kind of back-to-front. I have it on my computer desk and I want to plug in cameras, storage and accessories etc., but the five USB input slots are at the back of the unit. It is OK though - you can use it perfectly well the 'wrong' way round; only the branding name being upside-down gives it away.
on 7 October 2017
Despite several negative reviews, so far I'm very please with mine. It runs USB3 well, and seems to satisfy any older USB2 devices I still use.
Only niggle is I wish there was a way of mounting it vertically so it takes up less space and collects less dust
on 6 May 2017
Good product good price delivered on time. Nothing more to say. If you insist on so many words I will stop writing reviews
on 6 November 2015
I've had two of these now and both have become faulty within months; on the first one, 4 ports died, and on the replacement 3 ports have died. Not fit for purpose, so I've changed to an Anker one.

On a positive note, Amazon's customer services remain second to none!
on 8 November 2016
Hub works a treat, handles multiple devices when plugged into the mains. It does move about a bit when you plug stuff in and out, could do with being heavier. Deducted a star for the blinding blue light that I can't turn off.