• Torus

Customer reviews

Torus
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 March 2014
This might be the first album review i've written in 20 years on Amazon so that may tell you what I think of this CD after 3 months of listening to it! The power, energy & feeling recharges my batteries no end, it gives me chills.. I am a fan of the first album and although Torus perhaps doesn't have the dirtier more basic sound it more than makes up for it for being a stunning collection of varied sounds and collaborations. Virtually all of the tracks are high scoring in my opinion but stand outs are Safe in Sound (feat Alex Clare), Out the Blue (feat Alice Gold), Out of Reach (feat Jayelldee), Tidal Wave (feat Alpines), Until the End (ferat Foxes).

I know some people may be grumbling that the sound has become commercial and I can appreciate that if they were hoping for a promising underground sound to continue.. but I'm very glad that this exists!
on 2 November 2017
I'm new to d&b so this was a stab in the dark type purchase... I absolutely love it... Every track is great in its own way with smooth melodic interludes followed with huge dropping bass. Even my wife and kids like it and they hate everything.
on 11 January 2014
The albums great bla bla bla. If you like Sub Focus, you are going to like the album, if you hate Sub Focus, odds are you aren't going to like it (but by all means buy it anyway).

My main problem with this album is that the track 'Safe in Sound' uses a sample i'd heard before but i couldn't place and it really bothered me for a week or two. The place, it turns out, that i'd heard it before was Passion Pit - Sleepy Head. So if that was also getting to you...now you know
One person found this helpful
on 17 October 2013
Sub Focus has no doubt become one of the biggest names in drum n bass, especially over the course of the last two years with several singles making there way well into the UK top 40, and the UK dance top 10. Torus includes the huge singles from Sub Focus over the past 2 years such as Out The Blue (UK#23,UK Dance#5), Tidal Wave (UK#12,UK Dance#4), Endorphins (UK#10,UK Dance #7) and Turn It Around (UK#14, UK Dance#5). Although the album takes a bit of a turn from his debut album, Torus can still appeal to fans of the previous album as the format of the music is still identifiable. Every one of the tracks on the album is a masterpiece in its own right as Sub Focus finds the perfect balance in the fusion of melody and vocals, this is particularly evident in Out The Blue which brings out soaring vocals from Alice Gold while maintaining a brilliant drum n bass beat in the background. The final song on the album, Until The End, is an incredible end to the album. The melody of the song and the imagery fit perfectly with the amazing vocals from Foxes. All in all, Torus is a must have album whether you like drum n bass, dance, electro or pop music.
on 18 July 2017
Loved the music something different very good beat's.
on 3 January 2014
Another great album from Sub Focus. I like all the tracks. This album is more pop-accessible (includes several tunes that have had radio airplay) than Sub Focus, and it has more UK bass influence, whereas I'd call Sub Focus more D&B influenced.
A great choice for new or old fans of Sub Focus.
on 16 October 2013
This is very good. A big comercial sound is here, but , in my opinion, very good choices of guest vocals and fine melodies. Also here we have 4/4 beats and synth pop & 80s sounds influences that improves complete listening expirience of this album.
2 people found this helpful
on 7 November 2014
Enjoyed it when I first got it but ultimately just went back on the pile, some good tracks but listening to a lot of sub focus mixes & such on the radio before it came out I was a bit disappointed.
on 24 April 2014
I already knew more tunes on this CD than I was expecting which suggests a few had been around for a while before the CD I'd been so egerly awaiting arrived. That's not to say I was disappointed, its a good feel good CD.
on 31 March 2018
Incredible album, the drop on the first track (Torus) is my favourite of all time and the track lineup works beautifully.