on 10 October 2013
I watched this on TV as a child, and enjoyed the Film when it came out (Greystoke with Christopher Lambert), but had never read any of the books. Only on the first at present, but enjoying it immensely; totally engrossed, fascinating ideas, and not at all dated ... indeed the writing seems quite modern. If like me you love(d) Tarzan then give it a try; if you know nothing about him then read and find out ... at £2 for the complete collection you cannot go wrong?
4 people found this helpful
on 29 October 2014
So here we are at the end of having read all of the books in this wonderful collection, never treated properly in the cinema these simple and wonderful tales of heroism, sacrifice, and tenacious persistence, lost cities and cultures will surely live forever as indeed will Tarzan, Jane and little Nkima having taken the elixir of life in Tarzans Quest

Where next, I've already read the Mars cycle, so it's off to Venus, can't wait but missing Tarzan already
on 11 July 2016
It has been great to read or read again the full set of Tarzan books. While there are plenty of typos, they added a certain charm to the experience.
I read the books over a protracted period, one at a time and in order. I first came across Tarzan books some 60 years ago but I could not find more than a small proportion of them. This collection rekindled my fascination and has kept me enthralled.
on 4 May 2014
I enjoyed reading Tarzan as a child and was able to read all the stories not just the ones I could find. The stories were just as magical as I remember them and I will definitely be reading other Edgar Rice Burroughs series in the near future. This really brought back my childhood.
One person found this helpful
on 23 January 2014
I couldn't believe how good this book was. It had me hooked in minutes. It is so much better then the film. All the adventures that Tarzan got into had me enthralled. Excellent value for money. Brilliant.
One person found this helpful
on 23 February 2014
I like ERB and have been looking for hard copies for years - no joy. Finally bought an iPad and downloaded Kindle App so can now get them all. Not really the same but nearly...
on 14 November 2013
I loved re reading these books by Edgar Rice Burroughs, I read them in my teen years and they still are as good as I remember them, A good bit of escapism not just for boys.
on 30 March 2015
Great service yet again from Kindle. What a joy to read, or have read to you by your Kindle.
on 3 May 2014
An excellent book,I remember reading this seventy years ago and it still grabs me,this is well worth the money.thank you
on 12 April 2014
a most enjoyable read, and it really catches the imagation, especially in young readers, the feats of strength that was carried out in the jungle