Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 October 2016
Me and friend were in a pub in Greenwich sipping on a pint when we both started taping our feet. I looked at him and we both said who the hell is this on the stereo? We quickly find out from the barman it was William Onyebor someone we had never heard of previously.

The song we had discovered was called Fantastic Man and I can honestly say is one of the catchiest tunes I have ever heard. After abit of research it turns out the William released a few albums and then retired somewhere in Africa to pursue other interests. This album is so curious it sounds like a mixture of soul, dance,dub and electro music something that wasn't invented in the 70s.

The album here is a greatest hits collection and is truly unique from an artist surrounded in the same mystery as someone like the Rodriquez (Sugarman)

Check it on vinyl for a sonic expierence like no other,

Fantastic Man and Atomic are classic tunes, All hail this lost Arist 😀
absolutely love it!
on 8 January 2015
very good
on 26 December 2013
Perfect blend of psychedelic and funk music making innovative use of lower end instruments and groundbreaking techniques in the studio and with early synthesisers. Great.
on 30 October 2015
My first ever Amazon review- when my wife catches me slightly open mouthed in wonder with the scale of brilliance displayed on this album , smiles and says "yeah, it's that good, love" , that's all the confirmation I need. However, you will have some slack jawed moments, this I can confirm . Now to start a exploration of more of this stuff. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!
on 2 May 2015
on 14 July 2015
Hidden gem
on 20 April 2014
Catchy melodys and rhythms, epic arrangements. It's all here on this album. This mans synth work is amazing, especially coming from a time (70s & 80s), and a place, (Nigeria) that you would not associate with the synthesiser. Most of the tunes on here are as funky as funk if you know what I mean. Stand out tracks for me so far are, Fantastic man good name, and body and soul. I can't be bothered to trot out his story, go to Wikipedia for that, but what a shame that he has given up on music, I mean if he went in the studio with some top notch producers, or just an engineer, the results would be truly stunning. Buy this album btw.