Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More

on 5 January 2015
When I purchased this product and assembled it, I realised that the build wasn't up to scratch. What annoyed me the most was the fact that the 2 components were not flushed together. I was just about to order a replacement, but realised that a lot of customers here are having the same problem. Hence I emailed Twelve South and it turns out that the product is counterfeit! I have reproduced the email reply I got below. To those of you that suffer similar problems, buy it elsewhere instead!

-------------------------

Thank you for your interest in HiRise!

I'm afraid that I have bad news for you. The HiRise you purchased is a counterfeit, not an authentic Twelve South HiRise for iPhone 5/ iPad mini. When we first started hearing about this defect from Amazon customers worldwide, we were very concerned and perplexed because the defect didn't seem possible based on the way our factory manufactures them. Additionally, we have not received a single report of this product from anyone other than Amazon customers. Upon getting several of these back at our office for close examination, we discovered that they were all counterfeits - very convincing ones, but counterfeits never the less. :-(

My best suggestion would be to return this to Amazon and request a refund, then purchase an authentic HiRise from Apple (worldwide), Twelve South, or one of our authorized resellers (click here). At this time, we recommend you not purchase a HiRises on Amazon because we cannot vouch for their authenticity, especially if they're being sold below the $34.99 MSRP.

I'm so sorry the news isn't better. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
Bridget

Twelve South Customer Support

-------------------------

UPDATE:

I have bought the original one from the apple store and I must say, the differences are subtle, but it does make all the difference. I'd highly recommend the original product.
on 27 August 2015
Really dissapointed with this product, on assembly, i found that like many others, the two blocks are poorly manufactured and cut at different angles, so the two blocks don't align and provide no support for my ipod mini. I should have read the reports first, if, as some claim, these are not genuine items, I'm surprised Amazon are still selling them.
review image
on 2 February 2014
I have to agree with the 5 star reviews of this product when used with the standard Apple Lightning cable supplied with the iPhone. It is well made and appears well-engineered and matches Apple's aluminium theme well. I was so pleased that I bought a second stand for my office.

However I have now discovered a problem with the engineering of the stand that has limited its usefulness. To put the stand where my previous desktop stand was located I need longer than the 1m lightning cable Apple supplied with my iPhone. Since Apple sell longer length lightning cables, I thought it would be a simple matter to buy one of these (2m length) from my local Apple Store and use it in the 12 South stand. I was wrong. The white plastic adaptor which holds the end of the lightning cable at the top of the stand is engineered to allow the cable to pass down the middle whilst locating on the back of the lightning connector to support it at the appropriate height. The problem is that the longer length lightning cables from Apple are thicker than the standard length ones - presumably thicker shielding to reduce loss over the longer length. The adaptor in the stand has been engineered to the thickness of the short cable - so although the long cable fits fine into the adaptor, as you push the adaptor down into the top of the stand the fit is too tight and you cannot push it all the way home. The closest I managed was leaving a 5mm gap between the adaptor and the top of the aluminium leg. The adaptor was wedged so tightly then that I had to lever it back out with a screwdriver which damaged the edge of the aluminium leg.

To cut a long story short, the hole down the middle of the adaptor needs to be a bigger diameter to accommodate the thicker longer length lightning cables. A disappointing flaw in an otherwise attractive product.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 September 2015
Love this product. It looks elegant and matches my Mac mini and thunderbolt display. The stand itself is quite weighty and feels solid. It is adjustable to fit almost any size case. I have the Apple leather case fitted to my iPhone6 and I'm using clip 0 and the rear column set back slightly to allow the extra room for the case ( see photo ). The product comes flat packed in a very stylish and professional looking box. Because it's flat packed there is some assembly required but this is something I enjoyed doing. I have read from some of the reviews that there are counterfeit products going around but I can say that this is the genuine article with the look and feel of a premium product. I would recommend this to anyone.
review image review image
on 31 December 2014
Disappointed with build quality. Angles of front and rear support machined differently so support for iPhone or iPad not to the standard described or expected. See photograph - supports not parallel when assembled as instructed
review image
on 30 December 2014
I bought two - but looking at other reviews and images, I had a couple of bad ones, I think. The packaging had clearly got wet at some point, and the internal labels etc. were creased - looked like a repack. And then I made them, and found why. On both, the support stand is about 5-10 degrees off-angle from the connector stand. It's quite clear, even from a visual inspection of the two parts before assembly, that one or other of them has been machined at the wrong angle (and goodness is that a messy cut, too). Since the support stand is leaning further than the connector, the result is no support. It just about works for the iPhone and iPod touch (though looks messy) but I would not dare place my iPad mini on it. A shame, because the product looks good, but these will be returned. Good luck with getting a good one!
review image review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 December 2013
This is a silly amount to pay for a stand - why not just leave your phone on the side with a cable plugged in.

That was my attitude, until I got this stand - I was looking for something that would I could put my phone in without taking it out of the case, and after looking around this was the best I could find.

It arrives in an impressive looking box and it's easy to unpack and get the bits out and then you're left thinking "is that it"? You do have to assemble it yourself and I had to read the manual, and it's a bit fiddly, but once you've set it up it looks really good - the brushed aluminum and solid metal stand demonstrate a high quality product.

The actual stand is pretty clever - you just select a different clip depending on your case (or no case) type and it adjusts the height of the lightning cable. Word of warning on the cable - the hole in the stand will only accept a genuine Apple product. I tried it with one of the replica and it wouldn't fit. You clip the cable in the bottom and run it up through the stand - it's a clever method and works well.

I used it primarily with an iPhone 5 and had no issues (it can be a bit snug but easy to adjust). I also used an iPad mini 2 on it, and although it fits fine onto the stand it felt a little top heavy and it's not something I'd feel comfortable using all the time. That's just my personal preference though. I'd certainly not use a full size iPad (and it's not recommend too!)

As well as the above mentioned quality, I also like the fact that it's tilted - it means you can clearly see the screen when it's charging and see any messages easily.

The price irritates me as it's obviously got a high mark up on the parts, however it's also a high quality piece of kit and one that I like a lot - so much so I'll probably get another for work.

Highly recommended.
on 10 October 2015
A little fiddly to set up (maybe that's just me), but once it's all complete the result it worth it. The stand is stunning and works so well with the black/space grey iPhone I have. I love that it can be adjusted to fit any iPhone case. I adjusted it to fit my Spigen Tough Armor case and they work together brilliantly. The build is excellent and feels really well made. I wish ts came with a lightning cable but I can't really complain given the reasonable price (when purchased it was reduced).

A great product overall that will compliment any desk setup!
on 19 October 2015
I'd previously bought a belkin iPad stand before this which I used for my iPhone 6, the only issue was that almost all my phone cases were just a little too big meaning that it's been rendered completely useless. But after searching for a while I found this stand. I'd already bought the MacBook stand from twelve south which I use when I put my Mac in clamshell mode and it's incredible quality, it looks and feels like it was made with the MacBook. So when I bought this I knew that I was buying a high quality product, and I was not disappointed. Unlike other stands you are able to completely adjust the stand so that it fits any case, it works brilliantly with my incredibly bulky life proof case which I would have never been able to use previously! Wish I'd looked a little harder first time!
on 25 November 2015
Having read some reviews about bootleg items supposedly being provided by Amazon Marketplace sellers and the item not being well made causing the two pieces of aluminium not to stand up parallel with each other I ordered the item from Amazon directly.

It arrived very quickly and was well packaged. The product packaging is well made, sturdy and protects the contents well. The materials and manufacturing of the product are of high quality, although the aluminium used doesn't correctly match the Apple aluminium colour. The product is sturdy and mostly nice looking.

But as has been reported by other buyers the two aluminium up-stands are not manufactured well and do not share the exact same shaped base. The different gradients mean the iPhone charge stand and the iPhone rear support do not stand parallel with one another. The back support leans backward creating an unsightly finish (as shown in others photos). Even with the 'fault' it still supports the phone well enough, but I wouldn't be so sure about a heavier and larger iPad.

Shame, as it could be a 5 star product with just one simple manufacturing improvement.