Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

on 27 April 2014
This book was a joy to read. It is the history of international football about one of the greatest players ever to grace a football field. Immensely enjoyable, so well written, just a joy to read. I can thoroughly recommended this book, it is hard to put down.
on 28 March 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this book about one of my boyhood heroes. Law, Best, Charlton, Greaves, Moore just to name a few. Some of the stories were reliving my childhood. Having seen the Lawman play was a privilege. Having read this brought the man closer to me.
on 26 December 2013
Older Scottish football supporters will always fondly remember the cobra like neck that Denis possessed when soaring above defenders much taller then Denis was at corner kicks and set pieces. He was always a 90 minute threat to opposing goalkeepers during his playing career. Gordon Banks, who many regarded as one of the top two goalkeepers in the world at the time recounts the trials and tribulations Denis thoroughly enjoyed inflicting upon him. A very well researched book and excellent reading.
on 18 January 2014
This is an absolute must for any Denis Law fan. Wonderfully insightful and a real salute to The King's Scotland career. Fabulous stuff from former team-mates and players who admit they idolised him. The research into the outstanding career of a true legend is simply exhaustive. If you want to know anything about Denis Law, the highs as well as the lows, it is in this book. I thoroughly recommend it to club and country football fans.
on 20 February 2014
This was a gift for my dad. He had tried to purchase it in Several High Street book shops but had struggled to find anyone who had it in stock. Checking Amazon was my solution. He was delighted with the book and has enjoyed it enormously. It helps that he's a football fanatic. 😊
on 23 March 2015
It wasn't till I was a quarter of the way through that I realised how bad this book was, I only kept going because I loved 'the King'. The amount of padding is quite ridiculous - to the extent that we get detailed accounts of matches that Law didn't even play in. Just read something else.
on 10 November 2014
MY ALL TIME GREATEST FOOTBALLER.HIS SALUTE WHEN HE SCORED A GOAL WAS THE BEST EVER. IT WAS WONDERFUL TO READ ABOUT HIS LIFE OR A CERTAIN PART OF IT.THE PART I WANTED TO READ ABOUT.
on 13 August 2014
Great story. Alex Gordon explains the unorthodox footballing genius Denis Law, a genuine trailblazer and patriot.
on 10 March 2015
I worshipped the lawman and that era of football was as good as it will ever be....magic
on 10 August 2014
My husband downloaded this. He loves football and really enjoyed his read.