on 9 September 2013
I was apprehensive about the product at the price quoted. However nothing has given me greater pleasure than when I opened up the packaging, all on time, first class service, and the goods. EXCELLENT. They will grace any table with the finest of dinner service. So good have ordered a further 4 as presents this Xmas for some of my discerning friends.
32 people found this helpful
on 17 November 2016
Nice compact jug.
Lid has a hard plastic inner mould which acts to seal the lid when closed.
One thing I did notice after washing the jug before use.
Water gets up between the metal body and the white metalic plastic surround that forms the handle and the lid. Whe letting it stand on its side and rubbing dry, small trickles of water would keep running down fthe outside from under this plastic surround. Had to keep wiping dry about 3 or 4 times before it stopped.
Now, if water can get there, so can air. And that may cool the contents down a little. Also there is the long term issue of whether bacteria/dirty water etc collecting up in this small gap.

Only a little niggle, but I would have thought this would have been a soloid connection.
3 people found this helpful
on 22 November 2017
I have just received my replacement jug because the first jug the lid would not stay up so hard to fill. Sadly, the 2nd jug is exactly the same. It is obviously a design fault. Shame as jug works well and looks good! So if you don't mind the lid not staying up, it's a great jug.
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 16 December 2016
Was about to buy a second one when noticed open seam round inside of jug. Perfect food trap and impossible to clean. Have just washed for first use and can't stop washing up water leaking from inside thermal lid. Shame. I had high hopes.
2 people found this helpful
on 30 January 2017
I bought this due to it being the bestseller and a good price. I thought the lid and handle was polished steel but it's actually just silver plastic ...which had a few surface marks on arrival and acquired a few more just with first use and washing - so I don't expect that it'll be very durable in the long run. It's ok for the price I suppose but I wish the description had been better and clearer, as I would rather have paid more for a full-steel jug.
on 8 December 2014
This is briIlliant. I want to buy another one but it seems sadly that they are out of stock and possibly not being sold again via Amazon. I recently had 12 people for a roast beef lunch and used the jug for half the gravy, using an ordinary gravy boat for the other half. The gravy in the VonShef jug stayed hot for ages whereas the other gravy became cold after a very short time and had to be microwaved back to a decent heat - proof that it works. It looks very classy and expensive and although I have only used it for gravy, I am sure it would be equally brilliant with custard or a hot chocolate sauce. Another plus point is that it came out of the dishwasher looking like new.
on 15 September 2017
Looks lovely and keeps sauces and gravy really warm, a bit awkward to pour out the gravy as the lid snaps shut. I bought one for my daughter in law. She found the same problem. But it still gets used regularly
on 22 September 2017
Very pleased with this product so far. Have only used it once and it kept the gravy hot on the table. I like the shape and the handle is comfortable to hold. Looking forward to trying it with custard.
on 27 December 2017
Bought this for my wife as a surprise and she loves it. She loves entertaining and this is great for keeping her gravey hot, as well as looking good on the table.
on 21 April 2017
This is ok but wouldnt buy again, its slightly plastic in places, just painted chrome. And you have to be careful lifting the lid before you pour otherwise the gravy flows out to quickly. Thats happened a couple of times to people.