Any Day Now [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 5 September 2017
Great DVD. This film is more emotionally moving than anything I've seen since I saw 'Les Mis' on stage. Gareth Dillahunt and Isaac Leyva are excellent but it is Alan Cumming's powerful, heart-wrenching, career-best performance that will stay with you long afterwards. He is superb and Oscar must have been looking the other way. As a 70-years-old lifelong film fan I can unashamedly say I wept throughout. The final five minutes of the film is a masterclass of great acting, direction, photography and editing, all interspersed with Alan Cumming's searing rendition of Dylan's "Any Day Now" - almost unbearably moving. Not to be missed.
on 14 September 2017
not bad
on 22 January 2014
This is one of the best gay-themed movies that has come out in a long time. Like "Latter Days", it deals with the plight of real-life gay people who are screwed over by the system. The performances are touching and one can empathise with what these people go through. I am very glad to have had the opportunity to see this film, and would recommend everyone get the chance to view it.
on 4 April 2014
Brilliant moving story set in the 70's of 2 men who fight to give a handicap child, a home and a happy life only to find prejudiced at every corner because of the sexuality. Here is a true story of two men who tried to save a boy form a life of hell and took him under their wing and fought to bring him up as their own only to be knocked down. Brilliant acting from Alan Cummings and what a great singing voice he has too! bought it on a recommendation and I am glad I did it was amazing.
on 1 March 2014
Box of tissues at the ready for this beautiful, heart felt film. Alan Cumming stars in a fine performance. Garret Dillahunt as the boyfriend and Isaac Leyva as the young boy will melt your heart as three misfits find each other and find love.
on 22 April 2013
The film takes place in West Los Angels 1979, but clearly it is about legal cases currently in the system.

Rudy (Alan Cumming) is an out of the closet female impersonator,and not a very good one. While on the job at Fabio's he meets Paul (Garret Dillahunt) a man who looks like Jon Voight out of "Midnight Cowboy." They become an item. Rudy lives in a run down apartment next to a coke-prostitute named Marianna (Jamie Anne Allman). She has a son, Marco (Isaac Leyva). Marco has Down Syndrome and Marianna is a terrible mother.

When Marianna gets busted for prostitution and drugs, Rudy cares for the child in order to keep him out of a foster home. Paul joins the family as they become the emergency legal guardians of Marco. When Paul's lifestyle becomes exposed, prejudices abound and lives change dramatically.

The film is well acted. The action moves slow, but steady. The film contrasts the gay care free disco music of the era to the angst our gay couple. Make no mistake about it, this is a pro gay adoption movie. I am sure this film will convince anyone that we need to allow gay couples to adopt kids with Down Syndrome nobody else wants...and as the title suggests, 14th amendment equality will come any day now.

Parental Guidance: F-bomb. no nudity. M/M implied oral car scene, 2 men in bed hugging/kissing.
on 6 January 2014
I caught ANY DAY NOW in my local Cineworld last September and loved every minute. Such heartfelt performances from Alan Cumming, who I am a great fan of. Well worth a watch and made for the small screen. Wonder why the Oscars overlooked this ??
on 26 September 2015
Loved Alan Cummings in the odd comedy The High Life but his awful American accent in subsequent parts makes it difficult to watch him. He's just about tolerable in The Good Wife so I thought I'd give this film a go. We burst out laughing at his hair-do, and his awful accent and OTT acting spoilt it. Couldn't watch it so switched it off. It could have been a much better film without him.
on 13 June 2014
Made me think on how things have changed in such little time. Based very loosely on a true story. It made me laugh and weep.
on 21 January 2015
Absolutely loved this movie. Alan Cumming plays a fabulous leading role - injecting both humour and real passion into the movie.
I really enjoyed the journey the movie takes you on and it had me on the edge of my seat . I did need a tissue or two as it really stirs your emotions up. Alan plays an amazing interesting character and really has you rooting for him. Don't want to "spoil" it for anyone, so have worded my review carefully but the film is a nice change , breaking the mould. I am a big fan of Alan and loved him in this movie. Really touches on the harsh realities of human nature and makes you want to reach in and help. Excellent!