on 7 November 2014
I started purchasing this repeatedly due to being aspartame free and featuring a good mix in ingredients. in comparison with other brands.

With the price of protein being very expensive now, cost also plays a part in many individuals purchases, especially for those of us who exercise daily and get through more protein regularly. The fact that you can get this 5kg tub, for about £53 makes it good value in comparison with other brands and sizes.

The variety pack is a nice idea with 3 different common flavours.

It mixes smoothly in a standard shaker with a ball whisk when using either milk or water.

Delivery has always been swift and accurate for this product.
on 5 August 2015
I bought the variety pack so I could test which one is the best flavour / if they were all decent. Unfortunately the Vanilla is absolutely disgusting, a very chemically/sickly taste and I would have been gutted if I bought a whole tub of it ! Chocolate is not good either, I used to drink USN and Sci-mx chocolate a few years back and the taste has got worse, a bad chemically taste and after taste. Finally....ITS ALL ABOUT STRAWBERRY flavour. It tastes like a milkshake tastes quite sweet but not sickly, so nice you would think its not good for you. This is why I give the product 5 stars ( as well as the good properties of the product) and I will be buying a full tub of Strawberry next.

Onto the actual training stuff.... I bought this protein as a post workout shake to have in the evenings after the gym. I think it has a good balance of protein / carbs. I want lean muscle and so need to control my carbs, this shake helps me do that, providing recovery carbs but not an excess amount. It means I can eat food containing carbs in the daytime to get my desired macro intake. The sugar content is not zero but it is acceptably low.

Importantly the protein blend makes sense and has helped me over 8 weeks to gain lean muscle. Along the way my strength has increased by about 5-10% on most muscle groups but obviously training counts. I am not a professional by any means and train 3 times a week after the office.
on 8 March 2016
Finished weight training a few years ago , but I've continued with the protien supplement as my my line of work is fairly heavy , and repetitive.
I find this sci- max-muscle meal very cost effective , great tasting and keeps me from feeling tired , and ache free.Hope this little review helps folks .
on 20 August 2014
I don't understand the people saying it doesn't taste good! This shake mixes well and basically tastes like a strawberry milkshake! I mix mine with 400ml of cold water and it tastes great! But most importantly it works, it will help with recovery while also stopping you from loosing to much weight! Taken alongside a good diet plan you'll definitely get into good shape.
on 12 May 2016
There are so many different protein products available nowadays - even within each brand there seem to be many different formulas (let alone flavours and sizes). I have been trying to work my way through various brands - as well as their respective subset products - to find one that works for me. Hopefully my review gives a comparison to some of the other major players in the market.

Some products seem misleadingly cheap but have lower protein content (often labelled as the bulking/weight gain product - 'hardcore' in Sci-MX language) and some products seem far more expensive but have a higher protein content (often labelled as 'diet whey' or 'lean mass' products - 'rippedcore' in Sci-MX speak). This is the middle ground with around 42g protein and 47g carbs per 100g. And for a 42% protein product, this is placed a what seems a very reasonable price point.

The product itself is the 'muscle meal' range, so does not include creatine - if you want a Sci-MX product with creatine as well, you might prefer the OmniMX range. If you require a product claiming a longer energy release, SCI-MX offer 'GRS 9-hour protein'. However, I have used this as a breakfast substitute and find it quite amply keeps me full for the morning.

The product itself is perhaps most fairly rated as 'interesting'. I realise rating a flavour and texture can be a very subjective matter, but I preferred the flavours and texture of the Sci-MX OmniMX Hardcore product - which tasted a little less artificial, but created a thicker and smoother shake. However, this is substantially better than yet another Sci-MX product - the rippercore version of their 'Whey Plus' range.

So far, I would say this compares reasonably to other products. I have tried a number of the different PhD Synergy Iso7 products and whilst their flavours (Mint Chocolate, Strawberry, Banana) can be better, the texture of this particular Sci-MX product has been generally more palatable. I would also say this compares favourably to a number of products I've tried in the Maxi Nutrition brand - including Promax Lean and Cyclone - both of which taste more artificial and do not mix quite as well.

For my purposes - a daily breakfast as well as additional supplement on gym days - this seems to be suiting my needs amply at present. I will of course update if this changes!
on 21 March 2016
As far as meal replacements go, you could do far worse. This has a good ratio of protein to carbs and mixes well with water, milk or soy milk. I have even added this to smoothie mixes which include fruit etc.

The taste is good from all the flavours and each one is individually sealed for freshness. There is only one scoop provided so will need to cleaned each time you change flavours unless you don't mind a little carryover.

Overall a great product for the price and does the job.
on 30 May 2016
Great flavour protein with a choice of getting a mix pack. This will give you 3 different flavors ranging from banana, chocolate and strawberry. I have tried all 3 now and can honestly say that the chocolate is by far the best flavored our of the 3, followed by strawberry and then banana. 1 issue that you will come across is that if you get 3 different flavors, you cant open all and fill the tub with the protein, unless you want to have 3 different flavors mixed together. Although it is not really an issue and I just keep it in the pouch.

Not sure how effective this protein is, I did gain 4kgs since I started using it 1 month ago but can't say it is 100% due to the protein but also my change in diet and larger meals per day. For the price and taste of it, I would recommend this for anyone looking to bulk up.
on 1 February 2016
Really happy with this product, so much servings for such a little price. I bought the strawberry flavour and it tastes fantastic, i mix about 50g with 300ml of water and i use my ball protein shaker and it comes out perfect,i do this twice daily and get my other protein from other sources like meat. All round great product and will be buying again when i run out :)
on 29 February 2016
I buy this product for my son, who is 16, and is currently muscle building, he absolutely loves this SCI-MX Muscle Meal, the flavour is spot on, he has it twice a day, this tub lasts 3 months. Very satisfied with the product thank you
on 14 April 2015
Got the variety pack of chocolate, strawberry, vanilla. Mixes well, isn't too thick with water and I can hold the flavour down. Probably will mix with Nesquick as usual but over all is a great product. Good amount of BCAA's and protein for the price. Omni-mx Leancore offers slightly different mix. Bit more expensive however you get creatine and extra B vitamins - if you already have that stocked, go for this - otherwise Omni-mx Leancore is better!